This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Samplers

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Plendakor, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Plendakor

Plendakor Member

I work with Reaper, is there a sampler in there that would allow me to use, say drum samples, and use that just like I'd use something like Addictive Drums ?

Multi-velocities and all.. ? That's something I can do in Reason with the NN-TX sampler and I'd like to have the equivalence. If there's a way to do it for free in Reaper, that'd be very nice but un 50$ solutions are welcome too.

2. FIXXXER

FIXXXER ¯\(°_o)/¯

should work in NI BATTERY, maybe you can get it used for 50$...

3. mharwood

mharwood Member

I use a free program called TX16wx, and it works great. The free version can do multi-velocity and random triggering just fine, but the pay version (< $50 for a non-commercial license) does have some options that make this a little less cumbersome if you do it a lot. Either way, I'd highly recommend checking it out if you're getting into sampling with Reaper. Shortcircuit is another great free option. I tend to use TX16wx most of the time.

4. DavePiatek

DavePiatek Member

+1 to NI Battery. Also, Kontakt 5 is pretty sweet if you're OK with the steep learning curve.

5. He's Dead, Jim

Reaper has a couple of built-in samplers IRRC. Just search "sample" in the plug-in list. Not sure it will do everything you want, but it's worth examining.

6. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

I've used "ReaSampleOmatic" or whatever it is along with Reaper's stock "drumtrig" plugin to fire off samples but I'm fairly certain it's always one-shot samples except they are velocity sensitive. I think there's a freebie called "Drumtrig" that may be able to handle multi-samples? I forget now.