This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Satan in Metal

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Ocelot2010, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

Yeah, they've changed their name from God Seed :)lol:) to Ov Hell now :)lol:)

2. siobhan!

siobhan! Street Team shindiggery.

They would seriously have benefitted from Gaahl doing it instead of Shagrath, musically I think they are pretty good however, despite the shit name haha.

3. Zelaxe

Zelaxe Member

Well, he also took suicide in a pentagram. :erk:

4. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

I'd have to disagree with that... Though I'm not much of a Dimmu fan I think Shagrath is a much better vocalist. As far as I'm concerned the only thing Gaahl brings to the table is a bit of publicity.

Exactly! :lol:

Though I have to say, as crazy as he came across through his lyrics and in his actions he was a very genuine man.

5. siobhan!

siobhan! Street Team shindiggery.

I love Dimmu, but I find Shagrath's vocals almost 'comic like' in regards to the Black Metal sound. I'm not a huge fan of screeching and shit where you can't make it out, but sometimes his vocals just don't fit for me.

6. Ryan M.

Ryan M. Theocratic Fanatic

Satan is not always worshiped in metal. Sometimes he is used as a bad thing... sometimes he is worshiped though. You see... there is no problem of speaking of him, because christian bands do the same... just they put him down. I have seen non-christian secular bands put him down also though. Take symphony X for instance.

7. D.Ingram

D.Ingram Member

Christian metal bands are pretty fucking stupid. Why would christians play what's universally known as 'the devils music'? Also, all the christian metal bands I've ever listened to have sucked tremendous balls.

8. Covet Chaos

Covet Chaos Weedian

Sleep and OM are not shite and they're christian. Sleep are one of my all-time favourites and they're christian. Also early Black Sabbath. Mind the only good christian bands seem to be stoner and doom bands.

9. metallicdistort

metallicdistort Shite name.

Yeah but Sleep only have Christian members (well I know that Al and Matt are Christian anyway), they don't really base their music around christianity (well apart from Jerusalem obviously, but I wouldn't really consider that a Christian song in the traditional sense). Would that mean Megadeth are a Christian band? They both have Christian members and even have songs about Christianity. Technically so do Slayer...

Also, A lot of early Sabbath songs criticise Christianity, like After Forever and Under The Sun.

10. Covet Chaos

Covet Chaos Weedian

True.

The Sabbath ones were just topical i supose. But if you were a christian you could take some of them in a different way.

Hahaha yeh Dopesmoker/Jerusalem is a strange way of doing it, but fair play. There were a few earlier Sleep songs with Christian themes i think. Nains Baptism possibly, although it is instrumental.

11. Chipmonkcheeks

Isn't rock in general "Devils Music"? Or used to be.

12. Covet Chaos

Covet Chaos Weedian

I think that all started up when John Lennon said "We're probably bigger than jesus". Obviously he was joking... but its still probably true. Americans went mad and decided they didnt like the Beatles and called it the devils music. Which is rather funny.

13. diddykoi6

diddykoi6 Stone Cold Metal

i personally like it, doesnt change my opinion of it at all. its all about sound for me.