This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Satin guitar finish

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Lazzari, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Lazzari

Lazzari Chakachakalabuchaka

Hey guys maybe u could help me with this. I have a Dean ML Modifier Satin black, it's really beautiful color, but the place where I rest my fingers of my picking hand (In the middle of both pickups) There's like a stain maybe from the sweat of my fingers, not really sure why.. Is there something I can do to clean this ? Thanks

2. 53Crëw

53Crëw Member

Usually, in my experience, what is happening is the sating finish gets "polished" smooth from your hand, leaving a shinier area in the finish where your hand rests. I wouldn't mess with it, personally. Sometimes trying to "fix" such things makes matters worse.

3. Lazzari

Lazzari Chakachakalabuchaka

Yeah that's whats going on there.. So no way to "fix" that ?

4. Terminus

Terminus Member

Not sure if you can clear coat it again just in that spot with a satin finish. You could try using some #0000 steel wool on the spot and it might bring back the satin look. I'd probably leave it alone but if it bothers you that much, repaint and refinish the whole thing or get a pro to do it.