This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SAXON REISSUES, LIONHEART, DOGS OF WAR

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by rockandrollsteve, Dec 15, 2005.

1. rockandrollsteve

Steamhammer/SPV has set a February 21, 2006 U.S. release date for the special-edition reissues of two SAXON classics — "Lionheart" and "Dogs of War" — featuring bonus material.

"Lionheart", which was originally released in September 2004, will be out in a limited-edition box of 10,000 copies worldwide, including a digipack (CD and bonus audio DVD) and exclusive lanyard/keyholder. The brand-new audio DVD features previously unreleased material, videos, rough mixes and a new 5.1 / 96 K mix of the whole album.

The new edition of the 1995 milestone "Dogs Of War" will be out as a SuPerValue Re-Release framed in black, featuring brand-new liner notes by vocalist Biff Byford and two bonus tracks ("The Great White Buffalo" and "Denim & Leather"), recorded live during their 1995 "Dogs Of War" tour. The booklet comes in a new design with previously unpublished photos and cover artwork. "Dogs of War" also features the final appearance of former original guitarist Graham Oliver, who left the band after the studio recordings and was replaced by Doug Scarratt during the 1995 world tour. Scarratt can be heard with SAXON for the first time on the two bonus live tracks, "The Great White Buffalo" (live)’ and "Denim & Leather" (live).

"Lionheart" (Special Edition) track listing:

01. Witchfinder General
    02. Man And Machine
    03. The Return
    04. Lionheart
    05. Beyond The Grave
    06. Justice
    07. To Live By The Sword
    08. Jack Tars
    09. English Man 'O' War
    10. Searching For Atlantis
    11. Flying On The Edge

Audio-DVD:

01. "Lionheart" "Making Of" Clip
    02. "Lionheart" Live Clip
    03. "Beyond The Grave" video
    * Studio-Audio Rough Mix
    * 5.1/ 96k High End Sound Mix

"Dogs of War" (SuPerValue Re-Release):

01. Dogs of War
    02. Burning Wheels
    03. Don't Worry
    04. Big Twin Rolling (Coming Home)
    05. Hold On
    06. The Great White Buffalo
    07. Demolition Alley
    08. Walking Through Tokyo
    09. Give It All Away
    10. Yesterday's Gone
    Bonus tracks:
    11. The Great White Buffalo (live)
    12. Denim & Leather (live)

2. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Thats great news cheers mate!
    Il have to be getting those for sure!"!!!!1

3. liama

liama The Beast

I guess I Know the next two CD's I am buying

4. Crusader

Crusader Metal addict

Just wished that they could do the same thing with UTB.. :erk:

5. SAXONATOR

SAXONATOR Crazy even without Drugs

what the hell limited ?

*looking for pre-order-link*

i will be the first of 10.000 people at 20.000 feet

:)

6. saxon747rock

saxon747rock Member

Deff be getting both of those, the small vidio clip of the making of lionheart, hope that going to be put on the up and coming saxon dvd but with lots more footage cool

7. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

Its good news for people who havent got those cd's yet..But tell me is it Doug scarret that plays on that whole re-issue of Dogs of war?? Oh I see just the 2 live tracks..Would make it interesting for me.. Pitty it is a limited edition... I think I go for the To hell and back DVD next year and another live album (I hope with the songs red line and to hell and back again..and lots more)

8. Cruzado

Cruzado Sangre, sudor y lágrimas.

It is becoming a very annoying practice among bands to re-issue albums with bonus stuff, re-mastered sound... just a year or so after their official release.

I mean, if the album has been out of print for some time, I guess it is ok, but come on, just after their release... Kreator has done it, Exodus has done it... it is gonna be better to download and then wait to buy the stuff. They are sending the wrong message to the fans. :err: