This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Schecter vs. LTD

Discussion in 'Backline' started by AllanD, Mar 1, 2011.

1. cobhc

cobhc Amiga Enthusiast

2. OneDaySky

OneDaySky Clint

I know many bands that prefer LTD over ESP, and ive recorded both and a hellraiser, hellraiser works wonders for rhythm sounds, ESP has amazing stability with tuning, and LTD is a close second!
    Personally Ide say Hellraiser if you cant afford an ESP

3. Rex Rocker

Rex Rocker Call me Hugo!

Both the LTD 1000 series and signature 600 series and the big majority of the Schecter line are made in the World Factory, at Korea.

4. Dylan S

Dylan S Celephai

I own a Schecter C7 Hellraiser, a Schecter Loomis sig, and an LTD Hex 7. They're all fantastic guitars and the quality is similar throughout all of them. I might prefer my Scehcters a little bit because of the baritone scale but they are all so good it's really splitting hairs.

5. Anarkissed

Anarkissed BOK CHOY!!!

I have always found it interesting that Schecter tends to market towards rock and metal, yet their necks generally seem to be really thick. You'd think they'd have a few more guitars with thinner necks to cater for the shredders. I own a Loomis 7-string, and whilst I found it the best out of the Schecters that were available at the store (Blackjack, Hellraiser, Omen, Damien), it would definitely feel ten times better with a thinner neck. That said, I reckon it rips the shit out of Ibanez 7-strings in the same pricerange.

In terms of 6-strings, LTDs to me feel like they have an edge over Schecters. The build quality is somewhat similar, but I prefer the necks and overall aesthetics of LTDs. For the most part yeah, it's a personal preference thing, though if you intend to do lots of fast soloing, you might find LTDs will suit you best in the long run.

6. Lodge

Lodge Member

I have played an LTD EC1000 exclusively for nearly a decade. The first band I ever joined had a lot of old school rock type of guys, and one of them had a nice Les Paul Studio, bought some long ass time ago when Gibsons were the shit. I always loved the Paul, but it never felt great for the speed/power/thrash metal that I like to play, it lacked the "fast" feeling of an 80's Jackson or an Ibanez for example. In my opinion, my EC1000 is like a marriage between the two. It looks like a Les Paul, only 100 pounds lighter, it has a great, ballsy feel for rhythm, but the neck is "fast" like an 80's shred guitar, if any of that makes sense :lol:

I don't know about other models of LTD guitars, but from what I understand they all pretty much slay. Hell, before I got my EC1000 I had the budget EC100, a shitty guitar for sure in comparison, but a damn good guitar for the $200 I paid for it back in the day. I know absolutely shit about Schecters, so I can't really offer any insight there.