This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Seattle show, how was it?....since I missed it.

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by DrummerItalia, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Anvil

Anvil Brain Bubbled

Twas amazing. Good meeting everyone. And the name is Tyler, Tony.

2. fading

fading Graphic Designer

Sorry Tyler, I just suck with names.:loco:

3. Anvil

Anvil Brain Bubbled

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Member

This DVD is gonna be awesome!!

5. Anvil

Anvil Brain Bubbled

Yes it will. Will, Dan, Russell, and I all in the front for that concert... man thats going to rule...

6. Ketshy

Ketshy Member

The three opening bands that I heard blew mightily. It was almost like the point was to emphasize how good Nevermore is, except they don't really need that. That band that was talking about being accepting or some shit like that was hilarious considering they started the show saying "you don't see any Limp Bizkit shirts in here," especially when you consider that Fred Durst can actually sing and the band can right music that varies... But yeah, Nevermore kicked ass despite technical difficulties. I can't compare to other shows considering that's the first time I've ever seen a band live but it made a wonderful first show.

7. Pitiless Wanderer

Pitiless Wanderer Active Member

how long did they play for?

8. Death Is Certain

Death Is Certain Life Is Not

They played for probably an hour and a half to two hours. Hard to tell... The technical problems kinda speed bumped the set quite a bit. Their intro fucked up too and wouldn't play.

Jim's bass rig and/or basses were screwed the whole night, I heard him the first and second song and then he pretty much was out of the mix for the rest of the night (and spent the time between every song in front of his rig trying to get it working right and trying to fix his bass). Technical problems suck.

Chris and Jeff did a little solo trade off thing while Jim was trying to get his bass rig working. Just one 30 second one from Jeff and one 30 second one from Chris, then Jeff played the classical lead breakdown bit from Jet To Jet and they went into the next song. Both solos kicked ass, Jeff's was a bit more traditional shredder-ish and Chris did a bit more experimental sweep tapping / tapping stuff. Chris also harmonized the first solo in Enemies Of Reality with Jeff, which was epic.

They only played the first 2 minutes of What Tomorrow Knows and then went into Garden Of Gray (probably because of the big bass section in What Tomorrow Knows). Warrel also did the beginning of Dead Heart singing along with the crowd as Jim's bass was screwed up.

There was a drunk guy that really wanted to hear Sentient 6 and would not stop yelling it.

Seemed to me that a lot of the people there didn't recognize or appreciate the older material.

The sound wasn't that good in the club either, in my opinion.

9. Lunar Still

Lunar Still Doodle drawrer

Well, I was up there for a while. Let's hear it for drunken asses who drove A WHOLE FUCKING HALF HOUR to see the show!

10. U234

U234 Guest

We're STILL drinking. Film at 11.

11. ThrashBeast

ThrashBeast New Metal Member

I was there last night and I recognized all songs. I thought most people also recognized them. Of course some songs are very good but not catchy enough to sing along.
    The Garden of Gray was probably the least favorable song in the setlist.
    Although there were technical problems, I thought the show was great, actually one of the best concerts in my whole life, because of the atmosphere that people created. Not many concerts at Studio Seven have that atmosphere.
    :worship: NEVERMORE

12. BassMastaa

BassMastaa New Metal Member

The show was so kick ass. Jim gave my friend a pick and i asked chris for one and he went and got me one. Then Jim invited us back stage. After the show Got interviewed then chilled with the guys for an hour. It was a dream come true

13. FretMelter777

FretMelter777 New Metal Member

Yes, me and BassMastaa got invited by Jim and Chris to chill back stage. We were interviewed for the DVD and chilled with the band for about an hour. It was totally unreal. :headbang:

14. Cat5Messiah

Cat5Messiah Violator of Sheep

Are you sure it wasn't the drunk bastard behind me yelling "Sanity Assassin" and "In the Garden" (Garden of Grey)?

Fuck dude. That guy was annoying as fuck.

15. Anvil

Anvil Brain Bubbled

You bastards who got interviewed... it should have been us.

16. WinterSolstice

Wow...Nothing from DNB. That's a shame. I guess there's always other footage.

17. Lunar Still

Lunar Still Doodle drawrer

+1

18. xSUIxTOMMYx

xSUIxTOMMYx Polish Legions & Enemies

I`m reading those posts and hardly believe this show attracted just 120 fans :rolleyes: Dont know what to think of it....was that place that small to gather just a 10 dozens of people? Or the band was prepared for such a tiny fan-base from their hometown? I realize NM have way better recognition and fan-base in EU than in the States so it`s really hard for me to comprehend how weak the whole metal scene in USA must be...I was told that Machine Head barely fills clubs here in SF and in EU they sold out every venue or 4-6 thousand arenas...

Anyway, I bet NM gave 150% of their energy on stage despite technical problems I read about. And those who attended also gave their best shot as well!

Also the setlist suprised me a lot! But that would mean that the main part of this upcoming DVD will probably include the footage that`s still to come.....Bochum 9/12.....I`m pretty sure NM`s setlist will contain most of the songs that were not played in Seattle, especially that this gig is planned for almost 2 hours as I read in some news. And I bet that this 666 tickets are already sold out or soon to be. And I know that some of the Polish enemies will be there! Too bad I will not be there....

19. Decadancer

Decadancer Neon (Black) Knight

This was my first thought too. It's great to see some songs from In Memory, Politics and S/T in there but I really hope they get some tracks from DNB from the other gig they are going to record and stick 'em on there too - it's my favourite album of all time so an NM DVD without any songs from it, while still awesome, would seem just a little... tarnished. Or at least less than it could have been.

20. Shpongled

Shpongled Member

There were most definitely more than 120 people. The place was pretty much packed.