This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Senior Trip

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by HaloSlayer, Jul 15, 2009.

1. AeonicSlumber

You're French, you're supposed to be drinking wine and only wine. ;)

2. NewWorld

NewWorld Member

this thread has gone severely downhill imo...including this post, I know XD

3. gnoff

gnoff Member

Really?

I think it's been Hasseröder every year I've been (though last year was 2006).

Also they have spirits such as Jim Beam and Jack Daniels, as well as mead.

And of course to the camping site you can bring whatever beer you want, or othe beverage.

4. gnoff

gnoff Member

They do, it is, or used to be, a re-label of Flensburger Pilsner.

Don't hate it until you try it, you'll contradict yourself ;)

5. Hansa-Pils

Hansa-Pils German Beer

Flensburger Pils Ftw!:)

Cheers
    Hansa

6. AeonicSlumber

I'll have to try it. I just couldn't imagine "Wacken beer" being any good.

7. HaloSlayer

HaloSlayer Member

How does asking for advice from people who have been to the concert (let me remind you that you are not one of them) make me an assumptionist? I did not assume anything. I asked for advice so I could make informed decisions. You truly are (I just don't have another word) a moron. As for the other thread, if you wish to argue my points from it, then do it in the thread.

I'm not sure where you live so I won't assume you understand this so I will explain. Yes, some of the bands (Amon Amarth included) do tour the states. But the venues are tiny and sets are short. Where I live in Maryland we can either go to Jaxx which is not terrible but still tiny and very over heated or Sonar which is very very very tiny and so hot you can fry an egg on the stage. My son and I would like to see some of our favorite bands in an open air large venue. That is not to say it is the only way to experience a concert. I like the club experience. You get very close to the band and have more interaction but we have been doing that.

No it isn't. I just said I'm a beer drinker not a wine drinker. You're taking one comment (again not even said to you) and trying to start an argument. Are you someone's ex-wife? It just sounds like an ex-wife thing to do.

Can you name any of these or are you just making sweeping assumptions? You're an assumptionist????

So given the choice of going to two shows that you have never been to (which again you haven’t), you wouldn’t take into consideration the fact that you speak the language of one country but not the other. Again I really just don't have another word for you but I will take a stab and say idiot.

You still haven’t said what is so bad about Wacken. Oh wait, you can't. You have never been.

I have explained this to you already. Do I need to type slower for you?

No you haven’t. You just bitch for attention. That's ok. I have given you your daily beat down. Your sadist craving should be satisfied.

At first I was accusing but you have given so much proof that I really don't have to accuse anymore.

I'm not sure how your IQ detects sarcasm but it must make sense in your world.

I won't even bother responding to your beer posts. Looks like everyone else already corrected your assumptions.

8. HaloSlayer

HaloSlayer Member

Thank you. I will do that very soon.

Again thanks to everyone who helped me with this. Have fun at this year's show. I hope to see you next year.

9. AeonicSlumber

Rather than turn this thread into any more of an epic flamewar. Consider yourself PM'd. But what I will say though, that I am correct about Becks being the exclusive beersponsor. This is something recent and nobody "corrected" me. Nice reading there sleuth.

10. HaloSlayer

HaloSlayer Member

Come on man. Don't back pedal. You said and I quote "They also only serve Beck's at Wacken, so have fun drinking mediocre beer at a mediocre show broski." You did not come up with the beer sponser response until someone called you on it. So please at least try to stick with one story. Which is it? Is it just a sponsor or is it the only beer you can drink at Wacken?

11. AeonicSlumber

Either you can't read, or you are purposely ignoring my posts so you can get your last word in and be "right." I said they are the exclusive beersponsor. In other words, they only serve Becks. Here's a review (among many fan reviews, not to mention people I know who have been to Wacken and told me there was only Becks there) where they say that it's the official beer and such. http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/1058/0/

Wacken has its own beer, AND you might even see other beers at the festival, but 90% of the beer there is Becks as of 2007. That is Wacken's exclusive beer sponsor, so obviously they are not going to be officially selling and distributing Paulaner and Spaten and such.

This will be my last post in this thread so don't bother getting your last word in, HaloSlayer. You got my PM, if you can't see the error of your ways then I dunno. I'd run far away if I was your son.

12. HaloSlayer

HaloSlayer Member

Then just admit you are wrong. You said it was the only beer. I showed you your post saying that. Now you admit they sell others. You insult my literacy but then go on to prove you can't read your own post. Then you go on to insult my family.

You realize this thread had nothing to do with you, right? It was for people who had gone to the festival. But your sad need to whine has only shown how pathetic you are.

As for your PM, who cares? I was asking advice from people who have been to Wacken. I was not seeking advice from a sad forum troll who needs to be made a fool before he shuts up.

13. amon666

amon666 Member

apparently tickets for wacken 2010 are on sale already!

14. HaloSlayer

HaloSlayer Member

Wow! Seriously? Thanks for the update. I'm going to start looking for them now.

15. Lopt

Lopt Member

Yeah as usual.
    First 10.000 are already sold.. (x-mas package)

16. amon666

amon666 Member

17. amon666

amon666 Member

Reunited Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL will perform at next year's Hellfest and Wacken Open Air festivals, set to take place June 18-20 in Clisson, France and August 5-7 in Wacken, Germany, respectively.

18. Celtik Militia

Celtik Militia Dumb French Bastard

This thread was a fun read :)

Anyway Haloslayer, get your tickets for your son and you, its always nice to go to a foreign festival, especially Wacken which has, more than any other festival, people from all different countries and that must be pretty sweet. I hope you get your tickets before its too late.

19. amon666

amon666 Member

i just looked at prices of flights and what not and now im considering wacken and hellfest!

wacken will celebrate it's 20th year? probably it will be worth it!

20. gnoff

gnoff Member

Wacken celebrated its 20th year this year, next is 21.