This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Setup of Pekka/Antti

Discussion in 'Kalmah' started by Cathode, May 26, 2010.

1. Cathode

Cathode New Metal Member

What is your setup, guyz? I wanna learn about your guitar and your setup. I love your guitar tone !

Have a nice day,
    Cathode

2. Aleksi

Aleksi Member

They use custom Amfisound guitars, Antti has a custom Routa called the "Atrain", if I recall correctly he has a Dimebucker in the bridge position and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position, it's got a maple neck and alder body in neck-thru design, ebony fretboard with 24 frets. I don't recall ever being able to find much on Pekka's guitar though.
    Amp wise, they used Line 6 AX212s for the first 3 albums and used Peavey JSXs through Laney cabs on The Black Waltz. Not sure what they've used since then but I think I read something about them switching to Krank amps, no idea what model though.

3. Kalmah338

Kalmah338 Swamplords

only change that i can make is, if you pay close attention to the bridge pickup on the 4th studio diary video, you can tell that he has an EMG in there. most likely an 81 or an HZ4

4. Aleksi

Aleksi Member

Ah, it would appear you're correct. It used to be a Dimebucker in the bridge though, it looks like he's still got the Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position though.

5. Burbots

Burbots Scream Bloody Gore

And in the same diary (i assume) Antti wrote that he used :

VHT Sig X
    Krank Revolution 1
    Krank cabinet
    Various pedals

Amfisound custom Atrain DR strings

6. blacksmithtomahawk

blacksmithtomahawk New Metal Member

JSX makes total sense, I thought it was a good old 5150 with good recording technique. But ampwise they are not THAT different. I like Amfisound guitars, once I get the funds a thousand years from now, I might seek one.