This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by LarryD, Sep 5, 2008.

1. LarryD

LarryD Member

2. mel_progson

mel_progson Member

They get mentioned on the odd occasion. But agreed, they are indeed awesome and deserve much more exposure.

3. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

I prefer Waiting In The Wings, but Mercy Falls is pretty damn good...SW is one of the best prog metal bands around today, and their singer is jaw-dropping :)

4. zedowns

zedowns Member

Waiting in the Wings is AWESOME, Mercy Falls kinda seems to drag on a bit too long, but I'll admit I haven't given it that good of a listen.

5. Ascension

Ascension New Metal Member

Another melodic prog metal band like Cloudscape that can make other bands of this ilk drop to their knees & beg for forgiveness. l have enjoyed every moment SW has made so far...looking forward to the new stuff.

l don't get the Shadow Gallery reference though.

6. FatesFan

FatesFan Member

I love waiting in the wings. I cant wait to get my hands on the new one. I hope one of the ProgPower vendors will have it.

7. guardian26

guardian26 Mike the Cop

The latest didn't grab me right away like Waiting in the Wings did but hopefully it will grow on me.

8. MetalAges

MetalAges Metal Is As Metal Does.
    Staff Member

They booked a track on the sampler for this year, and they easily have one Cd sold because of it (me). AWESOME stuff, can't wait to hear the full album.

9. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

Mercy Falls is less accessible than WITW, so even prog metal fans may have to take time to digest it ;)

10. Ascension

Ascension New Metal Member

Snagged a a torrent of this & gave it a listen. Great stuff...just great stuff by SW. It's a concept album so it will take some absorption which is normal with concepts...but as far as not being accessible to prog metal fans...l don't see diehard pm fan having an issue with it. It's not straight forward metalling so traditional metal fans might have problems sitting through it. It has interludes with piano, acoustic guitar, vocalist, even some violin...but that's normal stuff in just about any prog. And man...what a great singer this band has! Great keyboard work too!

11. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

Can't rave enough about it. Got my copy on Saturday and have been blasting it non-stop.
    Its kind of a grower...not in the first listen "this is crap...maybe i'll listen to it 10 times and it might end up being awesome" kind of way but more that there are bits of excellence hidden all through it that keep popping up on repeat listens...mainly in the vocal dept.

Will probably end up knocking Protest the Hero off my No1 for 2008 spot.

I probably wouldn't recommend paying extra for the ltd edition as the dvd content is fairly small.

12. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

I agree with everyone. Seventh Wonder is amazing. I'd love to see them at a future PPUSA.

13. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

+1

Gave this a quick listen over the weekend, will give it a more in-depth listen this week. So far I like what I hear. :headbang:

14. 7thSaviour

7thSaviour Power Metal Maniac

This album kicks ass! Especially The Black Parade!:worship:rock::kickass::cool: Thanks for bringing this band to PPUSA XI!
    All I can say is WELCOME TO MERCY FALLS!

15. 7thSaviour

7thSaviour Power Metal Maniac

Well, you finally got your wish!:headbang:
    Hide And Seek is also a killer track!

This album is easily a 10/10!

16. spag

spag I am a leaf on the wind

I only discovered this album late this past year, but based on my iPod's playcount, it easily racked up the most plays this past year. To me, the first part of the album, up through "Tears for a Father/A Day Away" is stronger than the back half, but it's all good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them live.

17. DTJeff

DTJeff I Am My Nation

Mercy Falls = the best album I've heard in the past 3 years, no question. My favorite record since Circle II Circle's Burden of Truth came out. Absolutely incredible. Technically brilliant, melodically superb,and emotionally great. I really, really like Waiting in the Wings, but I definitely hold Mercy Falls on a higher level. Honestly, it's probably one of less than a dozen "perfect" records I've ever heard. I can't fucking wait to see these guys live, I'm hoping they do a big helping of Mercy Falls material.

18. axehomeyg

axehomeyg Member

My kids sing along to some of the songs on Mercy Falls. The only other bands they do that for are Pagan's Mind, Iron Maiden, and MWC. For me, thats reason enough to think the best of Seventh Wonder!

19. jaimek

jaimek incorrigible

I was really sorry to miss Seventh Wonder at PPEu, but I have to pretend I don't understand English when I listen to them - the lyrics are terrible and the voice actors are worse than the original Resident Evil, but I really like the music and I really like the singer - not something I say often! - and the only way I can enjoy it is to tune out the words. (And ffwd past the voice acting. oh god it's so bad.)

20. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

If you lived in the same town as SwordLord and went to all his shows, you'd be saying "Damn, doesn't this guy ever talk about any other bands????" :heh:

Seriously though, I've been listening to Mercy Falls, as SwordLord's request. It's definitely impressive and growing on me...