This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by AndreasBlomqvist, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

Will the title-track be the ULTIMATE PROG METAL SUITE in history?? Could it beat such monster songs as "A Change Of Seasons" (Dream Theater), "Ghostship" (Shadow Gallery) or "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy" (Symphony X) ?? Stay tuned for the end of the story...... :D

2. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Thanks for the completion of the lyrics, Gryll!

3. the_lone_bard

the_lone_bard Member

You guys NEED to come to aus sometime.
    i'm gunna take a stab in the dark that the theme of the album is something along the lines of 'time is running out, i need to escape my mind before it's too late.'
    too many possibillitys though.

also funny story. every friday i play poker, everytime i've been listening to break the silence i win the hand. that hasn't failed in 8 weeks straight.

4. ocram

ocram New Metal Member

Some possible corrections from me of Gryll's version.

BTW, love this song. :)

5. joedog

joedog Member

I am actually pretty sure that the word Michael you changed above is correct. It mentions Elvis in the previous line and I think Michael refers to Michael Jackson (I could be wrong).

6. ironmajesty019

ironmajesty019 New Metal Member

I'm along for the ride. Ever since I've heard Alley Cat, I've been listening to it constantly in between a lot of Mercy Falls. I'm ready for this album. When can we pre-order?

7. Bronnen

Bronnen New Metal Member

I think it's not Elvis, and rather "All This"

8. Prog-Agressive

Prog-Agressive The Keyboard of OUTSIDERS

Yeah!!! great cover art and powerful video:headbang:.

"The Great Escape - [30:14]" :OMG:...That song will be the masterpiece of SW.

I think I'm going to get drunk when I listen the new album:kickass:.

9. luke1304

luke1304 Member

possible, why else would andreas post a "dopey" smiley?

10. GuillermoSpain

GuillermoSpain New Metal Member

My favourite prog band is Dream Theater, but after Mercy Falls and this upcoming new album I'm not that sure....;)
    Amazing "alley Cat", thanx Seventh Wonder.

A fan From Spain!

11. luke1304

luke1304 Member

I just noticed that the guys (at least Andreas, Johan and Kyrt) are wearing something that looks like a bulletproof vest of some sort. What do you think does that mean?

12. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

they're preparing for war :-D

13. Berra91

Berra91 New Metal Member

Hi guys ^^. New member to this site, but i've been following SW for a while now. The new album and all about it reaks of awesome!
    I've been lsitening closely to "Alley Cat" And I wonder if theyre at the end of the first chorus sings "All fine" but its "allright" in the others and a mix in the final chorus ^^?
    Also I think its "A stray in the alleys of this town" since theyre singing of the clown ^^?

Otherwise spot on!

And everything is better with vests (especially bulletproof ones ^^)!

14. Crazy Leaf

Crazy Leaf New Metal Member

i really have problem not to watch this video every day...what will happend when album come out :O

15. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

same for me, I'm trying not to watch it too many times, better to save it for when the album come out. :)

16. RuRoRul

RuRoRul Member

I only got into Seventh Wonder earlier this year, after getting to like Dream Theater last year and then Symphony X.

Apart from those two bands, Seventh Wonder has been the only progressive metal band that has really stuck with me as a great. Mercy Falls is one of my favourite albums. DT is my favourite prog metal band but Seventh Wonder might be second... it's pretty close with SX, especially since SX have so many more albums to compare against.

Anyway it's amazing to get to like a band only to find out a new album is coming up soon :D I'm really looking forward to it. The new song sounds awesome, mainly I can't wait for the title track though.

17. jakethesnake

jakethesnake New Metal Member

Haha yeah, nothing worse than getting bored of the song by the time the album's released...but then again, is it even possible to get bored of that song?

18. Crazy Leaf

Crazy Leaf New Metal Member

That's the point, SW isn't that type of bend. You can allways hear something new. That's why it's prog, it's not just what you hear now, it's what your gonna hear later.
    Just don't worry :)

19. baldraca

baldraca New Metal Member

Alley cat is without any doubt the song of the year! (at least until the rest of the album is released)!
    Andreas, I really hope you will be better with live performances in sweden from now on.
    I saw you at sweden rock last year and Im just waiting and waiting for some more concerts!!
    I mean come on!! When you are the best band in the world, its a shame more people wont get the chance to see you or even know about you. Btw, Im wearing my SW t-shirt all the time and its getting weaker. How can I buy a new one!? (or three of them)

20. ohma

ohma progressive norwegian

is johnny using a trigger on the bass drum?