This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SHADE EMPIRE - Finnish melodic industrial metal!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by sh0kr0k, Jul 25, 2011.

1. sh0kr0k

sh0kr0k Active Member

Thanks to Spotify, I just discovered what could be my new favorite band: Shade Empire! They're a fantastic blend of black, melodic, and industrial metal with symphonic elements as well. Seems they've been around awhile. Since 2007 at least. Have you all been keeping this diamond-in-the-rough a secret, or...? They have over a million plays on last.fm, yet I don't recall ever seeing their name mentioned before.

I'm loving everything about this. Hope you will too :devil:

SIDE-NOTE: while browsing Shade Empire videos, I was recommended to watch this, and I am worshiping it :worship: Am I the last to hear of TRACEDAWN too??

#1 sh0kr0k, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. 1000 Faces

1000 Faces Member

They've been around since 1999 or 2000. I checked them out a while ago because I saw them compared to ...And Oceans, a band that I was seriously into at the time. I liked one Shade Empire song that I heard on Pandora, but none of the other samples I came across did much for me. Despite that, I had Sinthetic in my eMusic queue for what must have been years, but I finally realized that I was never going to buy it and subsequently deleted it. Maybe I should give it a try.

3. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

I have been promoting and pushing Tracedawn for over a year, and I do believe Lance is working on something with them.
    Here is another song by them just audio no video.

#3 J-Man, Jul 26, 2011
  4. Mosquito

Mosquito oh noes!!

Aki will most likely make a comment about Shade Empire soon as I know they're friends and I think they're also from Aki's hometown.

5. pollution

pollution Yes,they call me Aki too.

Obviously I didn't manage to make a comment "soon", but better two years late than never right? :heh:

Anyhow these guys are releasing their new album Omega Arcane in Europe next week and it surely is a really epic one!

The whole new album is now up for listening here (for a limited time):
    http://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/inferno-tarjoaa-kuuntele-uusi-shade-empire-albumi/

Also here's a video for one of the songs:

#5 pollution, Apr 27, 2013
  6. Hammerlock

Hammerlock Member

I'm a latecomer to this thread too, but seriously, "Omega Arcane" is a phenomenal album. Full on symphonic melodeath, kind of like Ex Deo mixed with Insomnium. Their earlier industrial stuff was cool too, but this is a huge leap forward. Can't get enough of "Ash Statues"!