This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sheffield Meet up?

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Bec, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Sounds good to me! :) :kickass: :headbang:

2. saxonmckenz

saxonmckenz Member

I,m staying at the Bristol but won't get there till 6.30. Could you choose a pub & time where you'll be that is near to the hotel or venue. I do not want to be walking all over sheffield to meet you guys. Doors open 6.30, backing band etc. SAXON prob wont' be on before 8 if not later.

3. Bec

Bec Strong Arm of the Law

4. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Seems like a cool place! :)

5. robsaxon

robsaxon Member

Got the message valance !starting off from cornwall in 12hrs! if you see a confuesd biker with a Kernow sticker on the back of a old bmw shout! saxon as i will need directions . manythanks for the post code! BACK ON THE STREETS AGAIN! Robsaxon.

6. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

No probs! Quite a journey ahead of you eh! We'l keep an eye open for you mate!

7. Changes 74

Changes 74 Member

Ok I bow to your superior up to date knowledge ,in my defence I didn't know the Nelson was still open in fact I'm sure I went to a closing night there in 1979 !!! My haunt in the 70's was the legendary Wopen Take ,its now The Kasbar ,last went in a couple of years ago downstairs and it seemed as it ever was .I don't know The Corporation but I've been in the real ale pub near it Devonshire Cat, Wellington Street, S1 4HG, we'll be in there before the gig.I'm afraid when you get to my age the quality of the beer takes precedence over everything else :kickass: :headbang:

8. Bec

Bec Strong Arm of the Law

It shut down and then re-opened again , and then shut down and re=opened yet again! Now it's much better with a nice red and black decor. :)

I've never been into The Devonshire Cat, walked past it loads on way to Corporation though!

I believe The Sportsman, closest pub to the City Hall have a Rock night on a Friday night!
    My boyfriend only just reminded me about this place...so might be heading over there, as it's directly across the road from the City Hall.

Well, i'm off now, hope to see some of you on Friday! :)

9. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah good idea mate, sounds like a plan to me.

Saxonmckenz - You've got my mobile number so just ring or text me to see where we are.

Wilks - You'll be late, so ring or text me to see where we are! :lol:

10. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Yep, I agree, having now been there! It was more like a cattle market than a rock club! After about an hour, I'd had more than enough, and to cap it all, the DJ didn't even have ONE Saxon tune in his collection!

11. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah, and that's strange seeing as it was the Saxon after show party! :lol:

There is always one pub/club that tries the 'after show party' trick. Tossers!