This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shockopera

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Cheiron, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

Woot for a free CD (okay so it was a burned copy) to be as good as it is! Cool power/prog Jack the Ripper concept album.

2. jaq

jaq You ain't seen nothin'

Yes, I am pleasantly surprised by this one, it will get some more listening. When I saw that it was a demo on a burned CDR I was a bit dubious, but it actually sounds as good as, if not better than, many CDs I have bought.

(The fake English accent makes me smirk a little though).

3. Curufin

Curufin Kind of a big deal...

I bought a CD (like a sucker) from these guys while waiting in line for PP4, and it was one of the worst blind purchases I've ever made. What's on the CD you've got? Maybe they decided to stop sucking so much and released some decent material...

4. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

5. Curufin

Curufin Kind of a big deal...

Yep, sounds like they decided to stop being shitty and actually released some listenable stuff. Good for them. :)

6. dr. melonhead

dr. melonhead New Metal Member

i think this cd is the best out of the three. it's the second cd the band has produced in house. the first cd was mastered in a professional studio. just goes to show how closely these guys worked to come up with a concept and put it into the prog metal format, making sure this demo was a great one. i understand that they are going back in to re-master the disk and look for a distributor. (as for the fake english accent, which one? the female is real but the cop isn't which just adds to the theatrical stuff. i think it was the guitar player - he's from massachuetts too.)

7. Burke

Burke Member

DITTO

I've spun it twice and it has simply gone on to be the butt of 'blind purchase' jokes...

(and to think I was sold on the 'Do you like Dream Theater? Then you'll dig this' line......)

8. PROGPOWERNUT

PROGPOWERNUT New Metal Member

I recieved a free cd from these guys and I was skeptical To even listen to it. I must say I was very surprised. This cd is very good. Im not sure about there early stuff but All I can say is This one kicks ass! And on top of that it was free. This was my first progpower, what a fun time. Can't wait for the next one (proud new forum member)
    Take care

9. Greykiller

Greykiller Shoot down the UFO's!

I look askance at folks with 3 posts pimping an album.
    Unless the band gets a bunch more friends, the positive posts in this thread will peter out quickly.

10. Gunstar9

Gunstar9 Skeletor Goes to Mars

I think it's fucking great stuff, especially for a free burnt CD from a band that is on their own label. Looks like my band needs to get on the ball.

11. mysticchic

mysticchic New Metal Member

I just listened to this cd and I really like it. I'll definetly give it a few more plays.

12. Sparky

Sparky New Metal Member

Oh, right, because the forum itself wasn't pimped at all during the fest.

Just for that, I'm hell bent on listening to it tomorrow at work. Of course, I don't have that many posts, either, so I'm a schill, no doubt...

13. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

He wasn't really trying to be a dick. But ya know how people might join forums under pseudonyms and be like 'omg I love that album!!' when it ... is their album..

14. Warthog

Warthog rocket scientist

I liked the disc too, which also makes me a street-teaming troll.

15. mëtålspëd

mëtålspëd Umlauts ist Krieg

At least you know your place :lol: :p

16. Warthog

Warthog rocket scientist

Ah yes, but only until I figure out how to properly tag the Internet Sarcasm font on this board. :)

17. PurpleFairy77

PurpleFairy77 New Metal Member

ok, so i'm seeing that "junior posters" dont get a lot of validity here, but it all starts with the first one, right? here's my 2 cents: I've only recently become familiar with shockopera so i dont know their earlier stuff, but i love what i've heard so far. and i'm admittedly not the hugest metal fan (classic rock roots here). however, i know what i like and shockopera delivers....in spades! i wasnt able to make it to progpower and am jealously eyeing everyone's stash of goodies you brought back....especially the ghosts of whitechapel cd. i trust tho, that i'll be getting one for myself in the near future. i was really impressed with what i've heard from them so far....especially the title track. that voice just seems to reach out through the music and draw you in. the whole thing is very well brought together, in my opinion. i cant wait for tour dates....i wont miss THAT bus! in fact, look for me in the front row!

18. sh0kr0k

sh0kr0k Active Member

Don't worry n00bs, I've got your back :cool: :lol:

I applaud Shockopera for being there with free discs! I'm surprised they were the only band I caught giving away their discs. ((Where ARE you bands?? Don't you know how great of an opportunity this is??)) Great disc, good guys, I look forward to hearing more material from them! Wonder if they ever stop by here...

19. _Wes

_Wes StrangeBass

There was another band - at the front table where Deron was handing out the ProgPower sampler bags.

Torman Maxt. Anyone check that out?

I have the Shock Opera disc, but admittedly haven't listened yet - I'll be putting it on my ipod for a good spin though... I'll report back. . .

20. sh0kr0k

sh0kr0k Active Member

Oh yes, my bad! I did grab that one too, but haven't listened yet. Thanks for reminding me, it'll go in the player next! :)