This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shockopera

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Cheiron, Oct 8, 2007.

1. PurpleFairy77

PurpleFairy77 New Metal Member

:worship: hehe thanks dude! i feel so behind things, having not gone to progpower, but not to worry. i've been in communication with david mcbee from shockopera and he promises i'll have my cd soon. and they're keeping me posted on show dates once they're available. this whole forum is new to me, but i'll carve my niche before too long. should probably search out some z's soon (been up for 2 days now! o_O ). might help if i could see straight!
    anyway, it's great to join the group. looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share.
    :headbang:
    Peace!

2. halcyonwayband@aol.com

halcyonwayband@aol.com Guitars - Halcyon Way

TM are a great band but I haven't spun that one yet.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Master of Disaster
    Staff Member

I got a freebie from them last year, I like the music actually to the point of recording it in one of my tapes. Nice way to promote IMO :kickass:

4. mysticchic

mysticchic New Metal Member

I think i have fav new song. Its ghosts of white chapel!

5. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

That would be "dudette"....
    # of posts doesn't equate to any validity measure, in my book, anyway....
    I was given an SO cd, which I will listen to on my road trip later on tonight.

6. Rick Pierpont

Rick Pierpont Odin's Court Guitar

I did get the disk this year, but just ripped it last night at home and haven't had the chance to check it out yet. That will be changing in a few minutes as I just connected to my home PC and I'm pulling it down to listen to at work (where I get most of my listening done).

One thing I will say about these guys is that they work HARD! They are ProgPower EVERY year, promoting their band or handing out disks. Plus, they are nice guys! For that effort alone, I applaud them! The guy that handed me mine told me that they had just finished recording it and hand-burned them the night before. Tell me that they don't understand the promotional value of ProgPower.

7. SkiBumMSP

SkiBumMSP Member

I was just listening to this last night while taking care of some security clearance related paperwork (gotta love taking on a new position, only to have to go through all that security clearance stuff again :erk:).

I was very impressed with the musicality and the quality of it. I thought it was great, especially considering what I paid for it! I snagged one of their samples from last year and was impressed with it, but to give away a full album, especially one that was that good? That friggan rocks! :headbang: If you managed to snag a copy at the show, at least give it a spin and listen to it. You just may come away impressed with what they did there!

8. sh0kr0k

sh0kr0k Active Member

They do. I don't know why other bands don't. Hello, MacFly! :Smug:

9. PurpleFairy77

PurpleFairy77 New Metal Member

aaah mybad! I was born in Cali and , after living on the east coast most of my life, lived there again for several years. we called everyone (male and female) "dude", but i know some "dudettes" prefer that term, so....cool wit me! :headbang:
    i cant wait to get my copy of ghosts of whitechapel. i'm promised one soon. funny thing....tho i like metal and prog rock, i've always been a classic rocker in heart; but shockopera just touched something in me and i cant seem to get enough! heh i found and joined this forum at the urging of my friend, david mcbee. i didnt expect much from it, just mostly to spread some love for the band; but i'm enjoying reading what everyone has to say and having people to talk to who know and enjoy shockopera too. now i just need to get ahold of some of their 'older stuff' that i've heard about.....
    ROCK ON!
    PEACE!
    :headbang:

10. Meanmistreator

Meanmistreator Granada Porch Crew

I agree and it doesn't hurt when you can add David McBee as your new front man.:headbang: I too got a free cd last year and it was a solid spin. That said I think this new material is going to turn some heads! I talked to David last night and he says that the guys have recieved some nice complements. So, give it a chance. Oh, and join their myspace site please. Thanks:headbang: www.myspace.com/shockopera
    I originally mis-qouted some info and have adjusted my reply. My apologies to the band and anyone else effected. Thanks