This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I buy a preamp ?

Discussion in 'Production' started by alex2411, Apr 19, 2014.

1. alex2411

alex2411 Member

Hello everyone ! I was wondering if buying a art pro mpa 2 would improve my recording sound because I only have an m-audio fast track uktra as a sound card? Should I invest in a better soundcard instead :/

Thank !

2. jdolese1226

jdolese1226 Member

Well a lot of people before told me not to get the Pro MPA II because i have a Focusrite Pro-40 and the pres are pretty amazing. M-Audio also has sick pres on their interfaces, in your case getting the Pro MPA II would/maybe be a good idea, or you can save up (if you believe your setup is good for now) and get the

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LA610mk2/

SOOOOO GOOOODD!!!

3. alex2411

alex2411 Member

Aight cool !

4. abaga129

abaga129 The Apprentice

I would say upgrading your interface or buying a nice mic is 10X the investment that buying pres would be, but that's just my opinion. I have never been blown away by preamps. To me they are a luxury rather than a neccesity in the digital age of mixing. Also if the pres on your interface sound bad, it doesn't make much sense to using a high dollar external preamp since it is stilling going through the pres on your interface. Just my 2 cents. :)