This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shroud in Studio

Discussion in 'Shroud of Bereavement' started by dan of bereavement, May 19, 2008.

1. kleo706

kleo706 Member

haha yeah I don't really like Dethklok but I'm friends with their tour manager

2. darkenedsoul

darkenedsoul Darkened Soul

Why are you stating you're not that old...it hasn't been on that long in the first place and 2nd you never answered the question as to whether or not you're going to the show. If I do, I'm leaving directly from work, no sense driving home just to turn around and do it again since I am ~20 mins or so away.

Ewwww, I'm blind just thinking of Kleo's post and DPF with him involved....ahhhhhhhhhh!

And dan, ya biotch, answer your f-n phone some time will ya?

3. dan of bereavement

dan of bereavement shroud of bereavement

Been busy man. I will not be going if I haven't already missed it. That's a week night right?

Studio went ok. Drums are done, synths are done, bass is done.

Things left

Electric and acoustic guitars
    Male vocals, Julies and Katies
    Viloins and cellos
    Mixing
    Mastering

= about 2 months lol.

We have lots of video and photos but no way to get them on the computer.

4. darkenedsoul

Photos I can probably help if you have them on one of the memory stick types. What'd you do about synths? Have Julie play them or use your recorder thing?

As for the show, it was fucking PACKED last night! I saw on massconcerts.com that tickets available at door at noontime so I worked till about 6:45 then headed to worcester. I get there, and it was SOLD OUT! I was bumbed out! But on way back to car I talked to a kid saying it was sold it, he said he had a ticket left as his g/f had hers already. So I bought it and went in!

Missed Soilent Green (they were playing while I was out front ;-() but saw Chiamara and they were actually better than the last time I saw them, crowd was very into it. DK was BROOTAL! Gene Hoglan on the skins, sound was pretty good IMHO. I saw the singer/guitarist for Zircon there, ran into Tony from Vital Remains and chatted a bit, that was about all I know other than Kleo and his lady friends (wife and one other). I couldn't believe it was THAT PACKED man, 3200+ tickets sold according to Mark (dude I know who works there still). All in all a cool show, was done by 10:00pm though, only 3 bands total.

5. kleo706

kleo706 Member

Yeah. Every gig on the tour -save for Vegas- sold out (and there were about 100 tix left there). I ran into Metal Mike and talked to him for awhile because he looked lonely. Then I met up with Jonny the Dresden Dolls taper guy. Post-show, I said "hi" to Gene then went upstairs and hung with the rest of the band until Byron and me could play catch up.

6. dan of bereavement

Back to the studio in 2 weeks.

Mike could you get the videos online also? I have all of the stuff on a disk, and the memory stick on the camera.

Yeah, I wanted to go, but said fuck it.

7. kleo706

kleo706 Member

Eh it panned out for you Dan. Even with my dueling headliner connections... the only one I could've smuggled in was Katie.

8. darkenedsoul

Well, you have to get in touch with me there bucko....I left you a semi-long voicemail with a rough mix of a new Mired In Twilight track going on in the background. Give me a jingle on Sunday or I'll try to reach you tonight again.
    We'll figure something out. The video piece will be new for me to work with.

9. dan of bereavement

Nice man, got the message, but it was very hard to hear. Sorry bout the phone, I have been in NH in my studio a lot and get no reception there. Well hook up at some point, just crazy with getting prepped for guitars and other stuff, vocal melodys, lyrics, samples and other last minute stuff.

I have to re leard all my guitar stuff too, as I have been writting one takes for the demos so yeah, lots of work.

10. darkenedsoul

Haha, you need to use the spellchecker again man, you're losing it even worse now! HAHAHAH :heh:

But you know how to reach me and the only night I am out for sure are wednesdays for lesson.

11. dan of bereavement

Ari and I did guitars today, and they came out pretty bad assed!
    :headbang: :headbang:
    Almost done now fuckers! :kickass: :kickass:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal Shroud of Bereavement

pics posted on myspace, too

13. dan of bereavement

Weird, why won't they show up?

Great fucking job by the way Ari!!!! You rocked!

14. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal Shroud of Bereavement

dunno, i posted them in the same album on the Shroud myspace page that you put your pics in....they show up for me. a lot of the pics look about the same anyway, though.

15. dan of bereavement

They just don't show up here on the forum.

Yeah same shots lol.

16. darkenedsoul

Logging into myspace the past month has sucked. Mostly I think due to all the fucking advertising they are doing now (flash animations, etc...) which I think is breaking Firefox 2.0.15 (haven't put 3.0 on yet) and IE6 keeps blowing up shortly after logging in and replying to an email or just meandering around my site there....I sent mail off to Tom about it. He said to try clearing my cache, I did it on both still same issue with Firefox 2.0.15 and IE6.....ridiculous....

Good to see more recording is continuing there.

17. dan of bereavement

this new shit is fucking EPIC!!!!!!!

13 minutes, 30+ tracks (not including 6 tracks of strings and 6 tracks of vocal) And sounds fucking immence (I should spell check the spelling, but lazy)! You will dig it!

18. kleo706

kleo706 Member

it's spelled "gothic"

19. dan of bereavement

20. darkenedsoul

At The Gates were fucking AMAZING last night! Sounded fucking awesome. Mark was up in the balcony with Katie (lucky prick). Balcony was open with a fair amount of it filled up. Downstairs was kinda tight initially but was ok during ATG as more folks were down in the pit. Pit was nuts for Municipal Waste. Got going pretty good for some of the ATG songs. Lots of fist pumping/head banging. Plus I ran into a LOT more folks I ain't seen in months at this show (metal george, scott/ziron, toby/torn asunder, many others). Good time!