This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Since you're into Lord what else do you like?

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Zahrim, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Zahrim

Zahrim New Metal Member

Hello there fellow metal enthusiasts!
    I'm after a simple thing yet somehow it eludes me. I love lord after stumbling upon their stuff about 4 years ago i now have most of the lord and dungeon cd's released.

I love metal. Melodic metal power metal. i like heavy rock, i Like anything that's generally upbeat catchy has a few screamy vocals and isnt regurgitated crap. Where can i find more specifically are there more good local bands in the sydney/wollongong area? being kinda in the middle i'm happy to go to either location for a good show but i just need events and band to enjoy.

Other than that what other bands do you like to listen to that have similar roots. I tend to listen to all sorts manowar, virgin steele, crystal viper, tyr to name a few i know each one of them is classed as something different but they all have that upbeat metal root which i love. Come-on metal heads share the love! :headbang:

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Welcome to the forum! :)

It sounds like Darker Half is kind of up your alley. Very similar to older Dungeon, in fact. There's a few more bands like that around the country too, but I think that's really it in Sydney/Wollongong right now (besides LORD obviously).

Anyone else got any suggestions?

3. Bucko

Bucko Member

TABERAH, VOUYAGER, ELECTRIX DYNAMITE, L.U.ST, HELL CITY GLAMOURS, THE ETERNAL, HEAVEN THE AXE ,

4. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Nekrofeist from Wollongong. Hemina - they're v. proggy but very entertaining.

5. Bucko

Bucko Member

Kasabasis

6. Zahrim

Zahrim New Metal Member

thanks for the responses guys, and the warm welcome :) i'm currently going through and checking out a few of them and alot of them are quite enjoyable voyager and heaven the axe are quite good :) really enjoying them, and darker half too i forgot i had one of their albums from a show i caught at the bald faced stag a couple years back.

Another band i've just been put onto while not a local group it's exactly the style i enjoy they're called "Dream Evil" their whole theme is just enjoyable to listen to. If i find any more fun bands of this kind of style i'll be sure to post em up :)

7. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Haha good on ya Bucko, but he was asking for bands in the Sydney/Wollongong area only. So L.U.S.T and Hell City Glamours are the only two bands from that list that fit.

8. Bucko

Bucko Member

opps ... missed that ... well he'll have to travel a bit like I do from time to time :)

9. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

10. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Hope you're not hanging on a payment in the near future.