This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Slayer

Discussion in 'MSRCAST' started by metalheadinthe253, Jul 13, 2006.

1. metalheadinthe253

Has anyone seen the Unholy Alliance tour yet? I'm going tomorrow, just wondered if any of you has caught the tour and what you thought of it.

Evil C, I'm going to see The Sword Saturday night, that should be a good time as well. I remember you raving about them some episodes back.

2. Evil C.

Evil C. Member

We skipped out on it because it was 50 something dollars per person, and they are only playing one new song live. And I like a few of the other bands, but not that much.. hehe. got to watch the money spenditure....

killer. weird, since they are actually from austin, 3 hours from here, I havent seen them play around houston since they broke...

3. metalheadinthe253

50 bucks??? Man that is steep, the tickets here were only $35. Interesting....

I love Lamb of God and Mastodon as well, my brother is a big Mastodon fan, so we figured we could justify it. Besides, I sure as hell didn't have to blow $90 on Ozzfest this year with that lineup. :heh:

4. Hate_Scar

Hate_Scar New Metal Member

yea it was about $35 here as well. The one thing i liked that they did was they played the whole seasons of the abyss albulm. that is one of my favorite albulms from slayer. Also wanted to see COB. Never seen them live and have always wanted to. so to me it was well worth it, but nothing will beat seeing slayer and pantera together.

5. metalheadinthe253

Great show, have to say though that Lamb of God stole the show. They were so fucking on it was unbelievable. Mastodon was killer too, have to say that at this stop Slayer was only 3rd best. They were real competent and professional, but not a lot of energy.

6. Papa Josh

Papa Josh Minister of Propaganda

They are getting older and I wonder how much longer they can keep the energy up for shows.

Saw them on a headlining tour for God Hates Us All... Tom's voice was shot to shit... but then I saw them later opening for Judas Priest and they were great.