This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SLS Studios build diary

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Yeah, guitar rooms should sound fine if you get them sounding like a lounge room. Due to how loud drums can be in a small space, that's the only reason I'd recommend dampening the fuck out of it. An electronic kit will fix that problem right away though and is a great alternative because the amount of sound proofing and dampening you'd need to do to control a live kit is VERY expensive.

I still remember the day that the money changed hands to start work on this studio. It was no longer a "one day I'll do it" thing, it was a "fuck, it's really happening, now I gotta pay it back" thing. And honestly, it's a pretty huge stress because it's been hard to make it all work financially (mostly because of old projects that I needed to finish before the studio was put together that were hanging around causing problems, or LORD's touring/recording schedule), so be prepared for a lot of stress but a lot of rewards in many ways too. :)

2. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

Yeah, I hear ya on that one.

These first 6 months were no stress. But now I have overheads. Though I have a good business plan and some good business support through some local business networking groups.

I think the electronic kit will be a better (more affordable) way to get drums in there, without having to soundproof the crap out of the place. After seeing the recent Roland V-drum thing, I'm sure an electronic kit will be more than acceptable. Headphones on, tapidi-tap tap tap.