This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So Cal Bassists

Discussion in 'The Iron Maidens' started by Steph Harris, Nov 11, 2002.

1. feralkid

feralkid Member

"There was no worry about radio play or record sales, it was purely about the music."

A good thing that 2112 went gold, then, because Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel sold less than a quarter-of-a-million thousand copies after their release, and their contract was dangerously close to nonrenewal.

"Nothing Rush ever did after Moving Pictures comes close to Caress Of Steel!"

What a load. :p

2. Melisan

Melisan Member

Really. He's welcome to his opinion but even Rush have said that album sucked and never played anything off it live.

3. feralkid

feralkid Member

Didn't they play "Bastille Day" & "Lakeside Park"? I do like the album, as a Rush fanboy, but to say it's better than Signals and Grace Under Pressure (just for a pair of quick examples) is silly.

4. CreepingDeathBand

I personally think nothing RUSH has done has been better than Moving Pictures. That's my favorite RUSH album by far. I wore the cassette out when I was in my teens.

5. feralkid

feralkid Member

You're totally right, brutha! Nothing has been better, but one album, Signals is just as good. :)

6. CreepingDeathBand

True, but yes Signals and Grace Under Pressure are good RUSH albums. All bow down to Moving Pictures though :D