This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

So; here's "Anthem"!

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by Darth Ridiculous, Jan 18, 2013.

1. kirkland

kirkland Member

Concerts are filled with mainly average fans that expect to hear these songs. Those of us on this forum who have seen this band a zillion times make up a VERY small percentage of the audience

So until the crowd stops going apeshit to those songs they will continue to play them. Just like iron maiden always plays the trooper and run to the hills. Most loyal maiden fans are beyond sick of hearing those songs live but every time you see maiden live the crowd goes nuts to them, so why would they cut them out to please the small minority of fans who don't want to hear them.

2. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

Iron maiden plays a long ass set and saves hills for last so the the die hards can bolt out of there to beat traffic

3. NevermoreTHC

NevermoreTHC Member

God, if I never hear that song again, it'll be a blessing. I'd rather they pull out their cover of "Eighteen" or "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" instead of ever playing it again.

4. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

In all fairness, I wouldn't doubt if the band felt the same. Except maybe Frank.

5. sufferer

sufferer Member

The second Joey's vocals on Anthem started, it immediately felt like Armed and Dangerous Joey to me, so classic. That was just my very first impression but after several listens I love it and can't wait to hear the rest of the covers.

6. resumurofnikufesin

yes

7. MrF33n3y

MrF33n3y Member

Actually, they rarely finish with RTTH - it's usually mid-set on tours they do it on. The only tours on which its closed the show are the Ed Hunter tour in 1999, the Dance Of Death tour in 2003/2004, and approximately 5 shows of the Brave New World tour in 2001/2002. Sanctuary is their most frequent closer, though in recent years Hallowed Be Thy Name and Running Free have been used a fair bit as the closer.

8. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

I stand corrected. Maiden always plays a hell of a show.

9. MrF33n3y

MrF33n3y Member

Yes they do...that's why I travel all over the globe to see them live! :Smokedev:

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Member

Antisocial was boring in '88 and has only grown more dull with the passage of time. (Got the Time kicks ass, however.) I'd love to see Anti dropped from the set (forever).