This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So how was BARFest?

Discussion in 'Sun Caged' started by Mullmuzzler, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Mullmuzzler

Mullmuzzler Member

Hey guys, what was the setlist? How was your experience at Barfest?

Any chance for at least a Live Sun Caged CD? (Marcel already answered the DVD question..eheh..forgot to ask about a cd though).

2. SharkBlack

SharkBlack Member

BARFEST RULED!!

It was great to see Sun Caged!!! The surpassed my expectations and were beyond amazing...
    All the bands kicked ass, just a great festival!

3. Sun Caged

Sun Caged official announcements

Thanks Shark :)

Yes we had a great time at BARfest, we got home safely and we are still a bit tired from the trip, but it was all worth it every minute !!

The setlist was the following:

1) New Piece (instr) and Unborn
    2) Blood Lines
    3) Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder/RHCP cover in our own way)
    4) Intuition (Lemur Voice track)
    5) New Song , temporary title "Driftwood"
    6) Soil
    7) A Fair Trade
    8) Departing Words

Leonel from PerfectProg.com uploaded a few video's from BARfest to YouTube, they are located here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lobotomya

Greets

Marcel (Sun Caged)

4. mark b

mark b Prog 4 ever. Australia!!!

Wow, Great to see you did a lemur voice cover Marcel, i so wish i could have been there:cry:

5. eboles

eboles Member

:OMG:
    What an amazing performance you guys!
    I'm not much a forum person but I will certainly stop by every now and then to say hi. The Lemur Voice song was my favorite as well.
    ROCK ON!!!

6. anonemus

anonemus New Metal Member

Finally got around to posting this...

First time I heard Sun Caged was at Barfest. I wasn't expecting very much from the LTE support bands, but Sun Caged blew me away. I've been listened to modern prog rock (i.e. post Rush) back when DT's When Dream and Day Unite was released, and I rate my first listening to Sun Caged like when I heard Ytze Jam or Images and Words for the 1st time.

Got my finger out and bought both albums, looking forward to new material. I really hope you guys can get out to California again, I know the crowd really appeciated your performance. I was hoping you and Mike P. could maybe organize a support slot on DT's next North American tour ;) You guys need to get more US exposure, a lot of people will like your stuff if they hear you.

A.

7. AndreasBlomqvist

AndreasBlomqvist Mr. Bassman

The cool thing about Sun Caged is that in spite of their EXTREMELY technically demanding music they pull it off with apparently no effort at all live.

Amazing.

I've had the privelige of sharing stage with them on a couple of occasions and they are always that good!

Really looking forward to some new stuff as well!

Plus -their Stevie Wonder cover is great. Paul really kicks ass on that version!

NP: Harmony's Lyre...

8. Paul Adrian Villarreal

Thanks Andreas!

And likewise, it was a pleasure for us as well to play those shows with you all! SC friends and fans should all check out Seventh Wonder if you haven't already! They are an awesome band, and swell guys!

By the way, I've been quite unplugged from the internet for a while, but I'm finally up and running again. Roel van Helden told me you guys have a new album out, I look forward to hearing it!!!

Good luck and greets to all the guys!

-Pau

9. Paul Adrian Villarreal

and anonemus,

thanks for that post man! It was a great privilege to play BARfest and we loved every minute of it. We'd love to have more opportunities to play in the states! Let's all keep our fingers crossed :) I'm not sure if Mike was listening to our set, but we'll keep you posted if he contacts us, lol :p That would be a great honor, but I'm sure there are many great bands vying for such a slot too!

take care,

-Paul