This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So I bought "In Absentia" on your recommendation

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Midwinter_melancholY, May 5, 2003.

1. AtTheGates213

AtTheGates213 Till Fjalls

I love In Absentia. I read the name Porcupine Tree in the booklet of Blackwater Park, and also heard they were good from various message boards. I had never heard them until i went to my local record shop, and after failing to think of anything I really wanted decided to "check out that porcupine band".

Well, i was pleasantly surprised. Steve Wilson is amazing, his new Album is one of the best of 2002 IMO, and since then i've bought every PT CD i've seen in record stores.

2. Far Dareis Mai

Far Dareis Mai Maiden of the Spear

I believe the tour starts in July. At least that's what Akerfeldt said last night...

3. seventi

seventi Viva Lonliness!

I listened to the album for the second time today. I didn't like it the first time, but damn I was wrong!!! It's kicking!

4. illbeleavinnow

You haven't? Mikael talks about Steven Wilson all the time and says he wishes he wasn't in a band already. :) I checked out Steven Wilson on the net, and I saw he was in Porcupine Tree and I downloaded a few songs, which were pretty good, but when I got In Absentia I was hooked. :D