This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So, the first Resistance EP is still pretty cool

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by dismissed cynic, Oct 30, 2017.

1. dismissed cynic

dismissed cynic New Metal Member

I know The Resistance was kind of rote hardcore metal and we were all kinda disappointed that it wasn't Jesper going old school In Flames on us. But WAIT!

"Face to Face" from the Rise From Treason EP is marvelous. It sounds kind of like early In Flames. It sounds almost nothing like later Resistance. Maybe they were still trying to figure out their sound. But give this track a chance if you wanna here some vintage Stromblad/Ljungstrom riffing. The solo section sounds like straight up Whoracle-era In Flames.

2. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

The resistance reminds me a lot of entombed. Not really interested on it.

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I've never been a fan of Marco Aro's vocals, so that was an issue for me straight away as far as The Resistance goes. I know a lot of people get erect over The Haunted but they never particularly impressed me. I haven't listened extensively to any Resistance stuff, I just remember the stuff I did listen to sounding really average and boring. They're pretty much disbanded now and it's fair to say nobody will really miss them.

4. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

Agreed on the solo part. But that was pretty much the only good thing in that song. How can you make music so NOT melodic? I never understood this kind of music. If I want something heavy and fun, I listen to Five Finger Death Punch; if I want something really technical with a brutal tempo, I listen to Slayer; and if I want to hear shitty vocals I listen to In Fl-- just kidding.