This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So what's been happening over the last year?

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Rick, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

2. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

got permanent job, bought first house, seen a few gigs, not much else fairly quiet year compared to the last 2

3. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I sold my IT business after running it successfully for 8.5 years. Sick of people thinking I'm a fucking magician and expect to work for peanuts while performing miracles.

I started my own music school and became a qualified teacher. I'm teaching guitar, bass, percussion and ukulele. And I'm loving every minute of it because people now call me because they want to, not because they have to. People come and see me, I don't travel far. I walk to work because I opened my music school 1km from home, right up stairs from Franklins, in a little arcade.

I've been doing more drum circles and percussion workshops, working with disabled children in Liverpool. It saddens me that someone is deficient in one area of their life, and that makes them a complete outcast. Poor bloody kids, it's not their fault. And most of them are brighter than 90% of the people I've met my whole life.

I've been gigging with a theatre production and we played The Vanguard back in May, we also played in Darling Harbour and that performance was simulcast on SBS Radio. And next year we're playing 2-3 shows a week for 4 weeks. Hopefully we get bums on seats, otherwise we're all going to be out of pocket big time for this (I'll be begging you all in Sydney to come and see it).

Other than that, just trying to figure out how to cram more hours in a single day. They seem to fly past.