This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SOB live in RI Feb 23rd

Discussion in 'Shroud of Bereavement' started by dan of bereavement, Feb 2, 2008.

1. kleo706

kleo706 Member

Oi. This whole three day weekend... we stayed in bed and watched TV on DVD. No one called us. Nothing came up. Our vital errands were wrapped up by 5pm the first day. So naturally, the one where we made tentative plans to maybe do something... I now have to simultaneously be in three places in Massachusetts, one in RI, and one in CT. Sorry but there is absolutely no bloody way we are making it out to this show.

2. dan of bereavement

dan of bereavement shroud of bereavement

3. kleo706

kleo706 Member

That's it. I'm calling to tell you a little story.

4. dan of bereavement

And you did. We are now making Kleo an "inactive" member of Shroud. He will not be doing wind and rain noises to take Mikes place lol

5. kleo706

kleo706 Member

I won't? WTG? I was all set to change my sig to "WIND OF BEREAVEMENT." Jerk.

6. kleo706

kleo706 Member

back in the sope days, i developed this megaretarded vocal wail. it was part expression of unrelenting sorrow and part attempt to get someone to tell me that it was awesome so i could laugh for a few decades. apprently the lead vocalist of ahab and the pretty damned good musicians overhead the singing approach but missed the haha. the dude was so awful i sat out the next two or three bands rather than chance another such encounter.
    well okay... i work too much and never see anyone. i mean really dan is a good bud and last time we hung out, winter was 9 months old. i just felt like being bitchy because ahab was outside partaking in a "yeah man i don't like shroud. we played with them before and there was this dunkin that was like a ten minute walk and i went there and came back and they were still in the intro section. they really need to cut it down to drums bass and guitars and shorten their shit" fest. now over the years... i have shared some of these sentiments but generally with dan openly and not accepted any real big favors. so yeah ahab... please cease and desist from whining about vision in other bands until you realize that your wail makes concrete dildos up the shitter and the resulting moans seem like a wise approach.
    but yeah sin of angels... i love those guys. there's something about people who dont give half a shit about anything pounding on things. they hit shit. hard. they drank alot while doing so. one of them slurred something about sludge almost fell over then kept pounding away. as a bonus, they could be heard note for note in the family dollar parking lot.
    as for shroud... they resolved the lineup issues at longlast. as much as i like the older folks personally, my patience with the band's songs was alot less when the offkey/time guarantee was completely in place. this time i got chills. sure maybe someone who hit things might have had slurred speech and perhaps hit something offtime once or twice but hey... i've seen a gig where a missed beat lead to an apparently forgotten cue followed by what i thought might spiral into a dream theater style improv to fix shit. so there have been major steps in the right direction. plus katie is really short so i don't have to worry about julie being lonely down there anymore. but yeah seriously rose gave me fucking chills. all shit talking/anger over the fact i hauled ass down there only to be told they didnt need wind tonight by some goofy bearded stone layer aside... huge yay and group hug to all.

7. dan of bereavement

Dude, thanks for going, you made my night that much more enjoyable. And I am honored that you enjoyed Rose, even with the few wrinkles of drunkenness. Rock!!!!

8. kleo706

kleo706 Member

haha i improved on the shirt of prenuptial engagement a bit. it's much easier to make improvised merch in the daylight. but yeah dude thanks for making me a band member. i really look forward to helping you all realize your full potential through a concentrated attempt at municipal service and volunteerism. i'll call you next week about that nursing home gig.

9. Ebony~Veiled

Ebony~Veiled Member

10. dan of bereavement

We would soooo love to. I really need to get the fuck outta here for a while!!!!!

11. Ebony~Veiled

Ebony~Veiled Member

Do me a favour and stay where you are just until you get my CD :p hehehe
    you should be getting it any day now :D

12. dan of bereavement

Nice, I am anxious to hear the full album.

Shroud in Aussie would be bad ass!

13. Ebony~Veiled

Ebony~Veiled Member

bloody oath! the scene here could use some awesome doom fix.

14. kleo706

kleo706 Member

hahaha yeah man my officemates asked what I did on vacation so I told them I joined a band. My goal is to get a half dozen of them out then shout "YOPU ARE NOT WORTHY OF MY RAIN CLOUD" at you and stalk off the stage.

15. dan of bereavement

Just got the cd, only heard the first track, and dig it so far. Nice neo-death/doom for sure. I will send you out a cd asap.