This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Some vids of the supportband Masterplan

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Bosnian Witchfinder, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Bosnian Witchfinder

2. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Both great songs! Thanks for posting the links to those vids, i had not seen either of those before!
    :kickass:

3. WILKS

WILKS Member

This is the reason i turned my back on metal in the early 90's.This proves i was right to do so.What emotionless dirge.So i will be in the bar during their set,anyone for a pint?

4. Bosnian Witchfinder

to be fair, bands only do videos for commercial filler, and they are apparently going back to their heavy roots.
    Plus, Roland Grapow- bound to be a Helloween cover, theres clips of them doing Future World, so i wouldnt miss them

5. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

enlighten me : the part 2min 14 - 2 min. 32 I did like (creative part..) As a whole.not bad.. the rime is too predictable..
    Back for my life: the searching for atlantis song from Saxon reminds me of that intro-part..
    This band can progress during the years..
    As a support band its well choosen, I mean the contrast between Saxon and this band is big enough!

Snake Ride Rodeo.. why arent they the band in the pre-programm? my answer: they are too good!

6. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah think I'll join you in the bar mate. It has to be special from a support band to tempt me away from the bar, and that wasn't it! Brainstorm were meant to support Saxon on the 'A Night Out With The Boys' tour, but it didn't happen for some reason. They should have got them back for this tour, now that would have got me out of the bar!

7. rockandrollsteve

Too Bad. They are very solid band with a great singer with two fine releases and great production. Check out Spirit Never Die or Crystal Night from the first cd. Crystal Night a haunting classic. Those two songs alone are worth checking out the band. The only downfall being that Jorn Lande isn't in the band anymore having been replaced by Mike Dimeo from Riot.

8. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

I purchased both the self titled 'Masterplan' and 'Aeronautics' upon a recommendation and after mutiple listens found both cds to be excellent with a high standard of musicianship and composition, i can honestly say i would find it hard to fault both albums in anyway for what they are. And, i certainly didnt find any lack of emotion or energy!

Your dead right rockandrollsteve, 'Crystal Night' is a great song :headbang:

9. WILKS

WILKS Member

Energy they have,talent they have bag loads and metal they are.But for me(and i am fussy) they seemed to lack that final ingrediant.I admit i have only heard 7 or 8 songs(what i could find on you tube ect).But for me they seemed to be playing metal for matels sake.I personaly don't get it.If it makes you strap on the old air guitar and bang yer head then thats cool,and maybe in a rock club after 8 or 9 beers i would be there with you,but they just don't have the XFactor:lol: for me.

10. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

At least you checked out a few other songs before saying they were not for you Wilks, i didnt think you seemed like the type of person to dismiss a band after only 2 songs, so thats cool. Other than that your a fussy bugger!!
    :lol:

Thats an interesting statement really when you think about it, i mean, take Manowar (or similar) for instance. Do they play metal for metals sake, or do they play metal for the sake of metal.....hmmmm

11. WILKS

WILKS Member

Manowar for me are the D album as a band.Never before has one band been so shit.I wish they had the balls to meet up with Dee Snider in the 80's.I would love to see him kick the living shit out them.I know that sounds harsh but if ever there was a band that made metal fans look like a bunch of brain dead morons it was them.
    Most of my friends are music nerds like me,and most don't get metal,but they respect it as an art form.But i find it so hard to defend metal sometimes and it's mainly because of bands like manowar.
    They are a bunch of sexist,homophobic wankers who are not worthy of my bad grammer.:lol:

12. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

:lol: That was an enjoyable read for me, i used Manowar as an example in that last post purely because i had a feeling you loved them as much as me.... lol....

Although, I will confess i do like the 'odd' song, 'defender' being one of them that comes to mind. And i have listened to alot of their stuff. But who could forget such timeless classic lyrics such as 'we wear leather, we wear spikes....we rule the night' and the immortal 'If your not into metal, you are not my friend'

.... Yes sometimes it can be hard to defend metal !!! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

13. LLB997

LLB997 Member

id give masterplan a chance, if for only 1 reason, it is Mike Dimeo on vocals, always respected him as a vocalist. He's got a serious blues vibe to his vocals, not sure how itd fit in with Power Metal drek. as far as them being a Helloween cover band? i thought thats what helloween now was?