This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Someone familiar with Deleuze & Guattari?

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by MetalTuup, Apr 9, 2006.

1. MetalTuup

MetalTuup CD addict

At the moment I'm trying to read the chapter Rhizome from the book 'A Thousand Plateaus' by Deleuze & Guattari. To be honoust I lost track already after the first page... are there people here who are familiar with philosophy who could give a short explanation of what they mean?

2. کوڈانشی

:) A veritable bible, that tome! notable philosophical flaws in it, but it still remains an essential work — for me, at least :) surely you don’t want a summary of that entire book do you??? it contains many new ideas and phraseology, ideological concepts like the body without organs (bwo), and my personal favourite: nomadology.

basically, they reject notions of stable identities and treat them as a harmful illusion. they celebrate pure, rhizomatic difference in which we have no underlying essences: a free–floating network of layered relationships and webs of ‘social flows’. society circulates and produces desires, and these make up people’s identities: power relationships, as opposed to instincts or freudian development.

i don’t know — what exactly did you want again?

3. Demiurge

Demiurge This user has no title

I am minimally familiar, but you'd need to ask a specific question.

4. LORD_RED_DRAGON

LORD_RED_DRAGON New Metal Member

most libraries will have books that "explain" philosophical books if this kind of book is what you're looking for