This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Southwest Airlines - Big discounts through Friday... if you can access their website.

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Sumeet, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

They're running the same $49 / $99 / $129 / $149 sale they've run the last few years, which covers travel to Atlanta during ProgPower... however, apparently this has sparked such high demand that their website has slowed to a near-halt. Looks like the deal is only available through Southwest's website, not through any 3rd-party travel websites. Unlike years past, no other airline has matched them (yet), and the last few years, this deal has worked out to a round-trip flight for $98 for me... so I guess I'll keep trying today and tomorrow.

2. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

SkiBumMSP and I bought our tickets on Tuesday when I saw the sale. We saved $55 on round trip tickets.

We didn't have any trouble, but I got an alert almost when the sale went into effect (I subscribed to two different websites and informed me of the sale). Sounds like word got around and everybody took advantage of their sale (as low as $49 each way).

Glad we bought our tickets when we did, as I heard of the same issues you had described.

3. Smitdawg

Smitdawg Member

Unfortunately for me, I will probably have to drive from Louisville to Atlanta. It isn't covered by the sale when I looked yesterday, as it is still $400 round trip.

It seems pretty much the only thing on sale for Louisville is Chicago and Washington DC.........

4. Formerly known as Chris F5

me and brittany(rhea..yeah that girl I have been posting all over fb is going :) )hit this..
    my three pronged trip(Tampa-Atl-Jamaica-back to Tampa)cost me $295,and Britt's cost 250(Memphis,Atl,Jamaica,memphis)

Got it at the right time :)

5. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Got mine for $162 roundtrip yesterday! Probly half of what I usually pay, but I hate Southwest, so it could be a shitty day. On the other hand, at least its not United haha

6. TychoCelchu

TychoCelchu Member

Just booked for cheaper than most years. I've never flown SW before so we'll see what happens.

7. Formerly known as Chris F5

I ALWAYS fly Southwest if possible..
    Never a problem if you make sure you check in early(pr pay the extra 12.50 per flight for even more priority)

And yeah...friends don't let friends fly United or Spirit

8. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Course, it had to be a time where I was either sick as a dog or busy as hell. Fortunately, prices still seem to be holding up today.