This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SSD4 EX & Trigger EX

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Blacklisted, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Blacklisted

Blacklisted New Metal Member

In the description it says "Comes with Steven Slate Classic EX samples." Are these all of the same samples or does classic imply they are an older version? Besides the "platform" are there any differences between the two? Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. alex3293

alex3293 Member

Classic = old
    Deluxe = new

with ssd4 ex you'll get new samples + cymbals; trigger comes with old samples and 1 deluxe snare (if I'm not mistaken) and without cymbals, but you will be able to use lots of third party multi-layered samples.

3. Skaldir

Skaldir formerly known as Unicorn

imo it's very confusing with the naming of the products SSD and Trigger. SSD 4 Platinum has "Deluxe" samples, but Trigger Platinum doesn't have them.

4. Blacklisted

Blacklisted New Metal Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I also noticed that it was confusing. So is there no way to buy Trigger by itself or bundled with the new SSD4 samples? I already have Drumagog 5, as well as SSD3.5 Would you recommend the Trigger or SSD4 bundle? How does SSD3.5 compare to 4? Does Trigger really destroy Drumagog in terms or accurate triggering?