This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stockholm record stores

Discussion in 'Power Quest' started by Symphony, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Any suggestions or recommendations people?

2. Cronopio

Cronopio Glorious Imperator

Well now Steve, so you ARE coming to Stockholm? That's bloody cool! Being a Stockholm native I know a lot of good record stores, but it also depends on what kind of music you want (I'm assuming metal, of course ...). :headbang:

3. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Of course metal......hehe! Any good rock/metal record stores and clothes/shirts stores too would be awesome dude!

4. Cronopio

Well ... we've got Record & CD Exchange on Gamla Brogatan (downtown) which is an excellent metal store. They've got DVDs and stuff as well. On the same street is a store called Blue Fox, which has got a big selection of alternative clothing ... :cool: Then there's Sound Pollution on Stora Nygatan (the Old Town), which got lots of metal and shirts as well. The area around St Eriksplan (approx. six mins with the underground from Grand Central Station has got a lot of record stores with new and used CDs.

Damn man, if you come here, it would be so cool to get together for a cup of coffee or something. Do you drink coffee, or are you a 100 % tea guy? (Yeah, I know, you're English ...) :D

5. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Hey dude....that's really cool and helpful. Hell yeah, despite being British I drink more coffee than tea....contrary to popular opinion! hahaha!

We'll have to sort something out dude....drop me an email and we can discuss it.

Cheers!

6. stratowiruz

stratowiruz halminem

Also there is SOUND POLLUTION store / distribution at Stockholm, located Stora Nygatan 18 (Gamla Stan) old town.

7. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Catch up with everyone when I get back from Stockholm on Sunday....cheers!

8. Raven_1

Raven_1 nevermore....

hey steve if you can bring me a couple of blonde nymphos back much appreciated :)

9. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Back from Stockholm! Had an awesome time...met up with Gyre from the forum for dinner on Friday. What a great guy! Some cool Cd and clothes stores...be going back for sure!

10. Cronopio

I had one of the best times of my life, Steve. Believe me everyone, Steve W is perhaps the most down-to-earth musician (and person in general) that I've ever met. And his girlfriend was very lovely as well. Looking forward to seeing them both again.

11. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Thanks man! It was an absolute pleasure to meet you too....and I hope to do so again soon.

12. Xtopher

Xtopher Creation's menace

So are any of these stores still open and running? Im in Stockholm and looking for good metal CD & Vinyl stores. Anyone?

13. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Wow can it really be 10 years since this trip? I'm kind of curious as to the record store situation also as i'll be back in Sweden in July for Vasby Festival with Eden's Curse :)

http://www.vasbyrockfestival.se/