This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

straight edge hardcore kids beat up 51 year old man at SFU show

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Jaded, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Jaded

Jaded There was nothing...

2. Psychonaut

Psychonaut God Of Emptiness

Probably fake but they should have beat up Chris Barnes.

3. Jaded

Jaded There was nothing...

no the entire thing is real, been lots and lots of talk about it. I think it's extremely fucked up. they really need to stop mixing metal and hardcore shows

(note: i use the term 'metal' loosely for sfu, but still)

4. Nico

Nico Onward!

Someone needs to explain two very strange terms I keep running into... Hardcore, and Straight Edge. What the fuck are these things?

5. Oceanic Motion

Hardcore = Genre of music.

Straight Edge = No drinking, no drugs, vegetarian (I think) and they're usually not very accomodating of other people behaviour and beliefs. i.e they'll get mad at you for smoking a joint if you happen to be near them.

6. Edgecrusher

Edgecrusher God To The Godless

Straight edge are those kids who don't do anything fun in life, like drink or do drugs.

They usually wind up getting a lot of pent up frustration and get into fights a lot.

...or at least that's been my experience with them.

7. Life Sucks

Life Sucks and then you die

sXe kids are a bunch of pussy faggots who feel the need to prove their manliness. I heard at another show about eight years ago some sXe shitheads carved an X in a guy's back for smoking a joint. Assholes like this need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

8. The Maelstrom Mephisto

thats fuckin ridiculous, little fuckers. Kids gettin into metal and general aggressive music should learn about mosh pit etiquette, if you knock someone sown or you notice someone gettin knocked down, help em up, don't kick their damn teeth in!

9. Edgecrusher

Edgecrusher God To The Godless

That guy is being WAY too generous. He should sue the shit out that venue, after all it is their responsibility to search people on the way in. Then, he should find out who did this to him (even if it is only a few of them) and sue them and make them pay for his medical bills and any future medical treatments.

10. SculptedCold

SculptedCold -scented manbeef-

heh, damn right, brass knuckles should never get in any good venue ever, and there should have been security enough to catch them, identify them or whatever.

The hardcore scene is so full of retarded wankers.

11. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Straight edge hardcore kids are a bunch of fags that need to be banned from shows and take up Karate class. What next are they going to bring guns to shows....., fucking rediculous. The underground is suppose to be where we all come together as family and have a good time not put someone's life at risk. We are the underground........... we are all into this stuff for the same reasons so why do this shit.

12. chris-o-fer

chris-o-fer twatwaffle

What I don't get, is if the pit kept getting larger and larger with all the brass knucle fools, and people were backing into corners, that security or someone running the venue would see that shit. And, I've been out to plenty of Hardcore/ Death metal shows that went great. There seemed to be tension between between the gere's (why?) but the bottom line is everyone is coming out to scope some killer bands. Who gives a shit what style the music is, ya know?

13. oneshotendsthiswar

oneshotendsthiswar locked around your spine

ahh these edge kids come to the shows for the express purpose of hitting people while theyre dancing, they do it until you get pissed and come after them then they retreat to the safety of their "crew". you can't mess with them unless you bring 15 or 20 big friends to help, its ridiculous. this is why i hate hardcore and all this "unity, honor, integrity" bullshit they espouse. its just an excuse for violence, just like being straightedge is an excuse to belong to a club and feel better than people. makes me sick to my stomach.

14. Post_Scriptum

Post_Scriptum Member

15. Focusphere

Focusphere Member

I saw some of these "straightedge" people at a metal show once. They started causing some problems, and the samoan security guys beat the crap out of them. The rest of the show went quite smooth.

16. oneshotendsthiswar

i know some kids that went to one of the big metal festivals and tried to dance during decapitated. they apparently forgot they werent at a madball show and started hitting people on purpose, spin kicked a couple guys and got dealt with in swift and bloody fashion.

17. Utuk Xul

Utuk Xul Demon Spawn

I never encountered these kids at a show. God forbid something like this happened at a show that me and my friends were attending. It would erupt in a full scale brawl. I never liked straight edge kids anyway....

18. kollex

kollex Autistic Superstar

on snmnews the hardcore kids all claim that the guy started choking a kid in the moshpit.

in any rate all moshing, punching, spinkicking or whatever the fuck you call shouldn't be allowed at a concert. I wanna be new the front of the stage when plays, but usually stay the fuck back as i don't want to get in a fight with some wannabe Jamie Jasta

19. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Metal??

sXe kids should be castrated.

20. oneshotendsthiswar

i dont know that ive seen very many fights come out of mosh pits, even if there are a bunch of drunks in it. 95% of the fights ive seen have been from prick kids that get in there to dance and hurt people. i dont do either, but id much rather be around a moshpit than a bunch of dancing kids, all you get is pushed in a moshpit. get clocked in the side of the head with some jackasses foot a couple of times and see if it doesnt start getting old real fast. i go to shows to see bands play not defend myself from flying limbs.