This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Strats for rhythm tracks

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by JoshSylosis, Apr 16, 2007.

1. kev

kev Im guybrush threepwood

indeed, but still single coil tone (well thats the plan anyway)

2. Exocaster

Exocaster Nozzle

Not really metal, but King's X's "Dogman" is a Strat into a rackmount Recto. Heavy tones for sure.

IIRC, the chain was Strat --> Dual "Racktifier" --> slaved to Mesa Simul 395 power amps --> Mesa 4x12s w/Vintage 30s.

Aside from that, I remember Dave Mustaine saying he used a Strat for some overdubs on one of the more recent Megadeth records- The World Needs A Hero, I think.

I saw Kovenant live with Moonspell and Amorphis a few years ago. They were using single-coil Strats.

I've seen live shots of Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth with a Strat as well. I know they use them in the studio for clean stuff on occasion.

Probably not the most metal example, but Kirk Hammett used a single coil Strat a fair bit on Reload. Not a great album by any stretch, but killer tones and production.

I know a lot of guys use 'em for clean stuff (myself included!) but they don't get a ton of use for heavy rhythms. I should cut some heavy tracks with my Strat; it is a cool tone if it's dialed in right- really biting and agressive.

3. hsinn3r

hsinn3r Member

dark tranquillity were using strats fanatically on their early years, i have no idea though if they were single coils...
    the only thing i like about my strat are the aftermarket (gretch or sechter i thing or whatever the hell they're spelled lol ) tuners, i doesn't get off tune ever. neverrrrr... no really, never! :)

4. AudioPhile777

AudioPhile777 Mathew Cohen

I have a squier strat with american pups in it... i can dive that trem all day long and the sucker doesnt go out of tune... :kickass:

whereas the floyd on my LTD V does...:erk: