This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Streaming package recommendations

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA Lounge' started by KingsGene, Dec 6, 2020.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

Trying to "cut the cord" from my Google Fiber TV subscription ( note that is different from "Google TV" ) which is currently $130 month, including cloud DVR, "movies plus" (FLIX, IndiePlex, MGM, MoviePlex, Reelz, RetroPlex, Shorts, Sony Movie Channel) and "sports plus" (FOX Sports, NFL RedZone, Outdoor, Outside, MAV, MLB StrikeZone, ESPN Classic, PrimeTicket, etc). I am planning to keep my Google Fiber internet, but weighing all the different streaming options.

Looking for recommendations for "base" streaming packages which include local channels for 66216 (Shawnee/Kansas City) and the ability for the big sports, ala NHL, NFL, MLB, not necessarily college sports, NBA or fringe sports like soccer, cricket, etc. Also a streaming DVR is somewhat of a necessity.
    Thanks in advance for your input!

2. SunnyFlower

SunnyFlower New Metal Member

Sorry for bumping the thread, but are there other options? I know that a lot of people use Firestick, Roku, or Apple TV after cutting the cord. Please, share your experience.

3. Grover

Grover New Metal Member

Before I decided to cut the cord I also searched for the information about the streaming devices. First of all, you need to know that every device has its strengths and weaknesses. The more positive feedbacks I found were about Amazon Firestick. So I bought it. Also, information at https://www.firesticktricks.com/firestick-4k-vs-fire-tv-cube.html really helped me to choose the right device. As for me, 4K Firestick was the best option for my TV. I've had my Firestick for two years and it has always performed perfectly.

#3 Grover, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  4. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Tags: