This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff that Time Forgot

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Klingonbear, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Klingonbear

Klingonbear Member

Recently, during the process of moving stuff around for electricians, central heating fittings etc, I discovered an unmarked box. Inside was a bit of my collection, stashed away and untouched for ages, including:

One of Nigel Durham's sticks and a load of off-air tapes including:

Saxon on the Crusader tour
    Twisted Sister at Reading
    Accept at Donnington
    Whitesnake at Reading (1979)

All this plus a couple of aging videos (Black Sabbath with Rob Halford on vox, Rainbow live in Japan 1984)!

Anyone else had this kind of moment? Any great finds?

Klingonbear

2. WILKS

WILKS Member

Thats a cool find mate,i just(well 3or 4 months ago) came across a box of 7"s i hadnt seen in about 5 years.Chck these out.

Spider
    Girlschool
    Motorhead
    Saxon
    Priest
    Venom
    SLF
    Clash
    The Ramones
    Sex Pistols
    Donovan
    Beatles
    Stones
    Radiohead

There was about 50 so i sat on me own got slowly wasted and played the lot.What a night.:kickass: :lol:

3. Klingonbear

Klingonbear Member

Sounds like a great one! If the Spider singlle was a double vinyl, then I suspect we've been buying some of the same stuff - I found a Tygers pic disc I forgot I'd bought (Paris By Air) hidden alongside Thin Lizzy's "Hollywood" pic disc.

I love these voyages of discovery.

Line up a few good drinks and then go rummaging through your collection - it can be a real revelation!

Chers!

Klingonbear

4. WILKS

WILKS Member

The Spider single was here we go rock n roll.Paris by air was there as well.Tygers should have been huge.I can never understand why they never went on to bigger things.I heard they were a great live band as well.