This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stupid shit you hear as a metalhead....

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Astrum, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. entanglement

entanglement Member

Why the fuck ARE you here anyway?
    A - You don't like metal
    B - You don't like or know anybody here (and I'm pretty damn sure its vice versa too)
    C - You have no respect for others' opinion and you have no respect for your own opinion too, apparently,
    and conclusively,
    D - You are utter rubbish filled very much up to the brim.

Go pollute some other ecosystem.. why a human settlement that is known to be less tolerant to bullshit than the others?

Apologies if you are a chick but to be honest its quite hard to tell in your case...

2. Hatebreeder

Hatebreeder Pizzicato Heartstrings

Shit heard from other metalheads:

"You like power metal? Douchebag."

"Dude, your metal collection sucks. You've only got, like, 60 CDs."

"*insert band name* sucks balls, *insert other band name* is a lot better."

"Prog metal is for sissies. Death metal is the only way to go!"

"All music sucks except for metal."

And we wonder why metalheads have a bad name. :rolleyes:

3. Wires & Waves

Wires & Waves New Metal Member

wrong on all counts

4. CF87

CF87 Active Member

I have never talked to one person regardless what they like that get anything they don't like. There is nothing in this world that is going to make everyone understand and really know why people listen to certain things. Telling someone is not going to change their ears or how they are raised to regards of what is music or not or what they understand to be as music.

I could explain to a pop fan for 4 days why metal is musically inclinded and they would not get it. That person could explain to me why they like christina aguilera or DMX and I would not get it.

I have known people that really don't get what I like and vic versa. You are not hearing what they heard and regardless if you tried till your soul was drained it would not matter. Open mindedness has nothing to do with it because there is not a connection to get the spark going to begin with.

Everyone has an idea and think they know regarding music. Since no one with a higher power is going to tap on our shoulders that we can believe in it to tell us what is the musical 'epitome' we will never know. Regardless we will still pretend and voice opinions because imagine if we all understood each others taste not being able to argue or debate discussing music. That would be really boring. We all spend majority of the time with our heads up are asses thinking how much we like our own tastes wanting to discuss it with others who understand what we understand.

I'm not trying to be intellectual tonight or anything. I just get sick of discussing why people think what they do regarding music. I don't know why someone understands something musically or not only they do. And whoever they is does not even explain alittle why they think a certain way because there is nothing to explain. You get it or you do not get it. There is not an inbetween when in music.

5. Young Unknown

Young Unknown Title Goes Here!

Agree 100%!

6. Wires & Waves

Wires & Waves New Metal Member

the greys: highest words to actual content ratio per post in gmd

7. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Do you see any of us on pop boards with metal signatures saying we don't like pop anymore. What are you trying to prove ?

8. dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34

I think pop music is fo more or less casual listeners of music. Some people like to have their music simple and accessible which is understandable why one would like pop music. As for people who are huge music fans of any other genre they delve farther into their genre and have a wider understanding of music in general. That's why you don't see many people who know alot of music past the mainstream listening to pop, mainstream rap, and nu-metal. They tend to like their music more than just easy-listening.

9. CF87

CF87 Active Member

All the pop/rap listeners i've come across don't look into music. These people just like whatever is on TV or the radio. If someone likes casual easy listening music and song structures is fine. Atleast spend time looking into music. There is easy listening music that is not on the radio or TV. That's not a good excuse really for why you listen to what you do.

10. Hatebreeder

Yeah, and a lot of the popular music these days has a negative (or even no) message and has little redeeming/staying power. It pains me to see people obsessing over a song that is complete smut when there is so much music out there that could truly change their lives and turn them into a better person. I've tried my hardest to spread the knowledge of genuinely good music to those in th dark, and so far, there have been few, but those people are infinitely happier with music.

11. Night Mare

Night Mare Camberwell Carrot

Very true. Some people just don't care about music, which is their own business.

12. Hatebreeder

That too. Some people don't want to have good taste, they just listen to what appeals to them. We shouldn't really judge them, from an objective point of view.

13. Metal head87

Metal head87 Member

The worst metalhead stereotypes are the
    "All metalheads are depressed" ala Marilin Manson fans
    "All metalheads are retarded" once again ala Marilin Manson fans
    "All metalheads want to shoot up their schools" ala, I don't even have to say who
    I'm sick of all those faggy emo, goth and punk kids giving us a bad name.

The reason why we will all go deaf is because our music is so good, we need to listen to it as loud as possible. Nobody complains when people have 50 Cents and Ludacris or some shitty techno music loud enough to shake the whole neighborhhod blasting out of the car.

14. entanglement

entanglement Member

Maybe what we need is a pop artist delivering the lyrical and musical messages that metal does.. something thats more liberal and diverse. Something that offers the listener some hunger for complexity after having listened to it. Something that might make the listener eventually open to other genres of music, including metal?

If Nirvana can change the musical taste of even one of the most superb acts in metal (example, metallica), then I don't see a reason why some new wonder-act can't do the oppositte and turn the heads the other way? Make people love and care for music itself.. make it something more than just an 'easy-leasure' tool for them?

15. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

lol, the masses cannot handle complexity

16. Blinded By Blood

Blinded By Blood E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES

haha, shitty argument in a shitty thread

17. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

What I get the most is...

Person:"what kind of music do you like?"
    Me: "I mostly listen to Metal."
    Person:"Like Metallica?"
    ME: Well, sorta, their thrash stuff is good."
    Person: Oh, you like that RAHRAHRAHRARHA screaming stuff?"
    Me:.....nevermind.

Or the usual, THATS EVIL DEVIL MUSIC!!!!

I would have to say what I like least about mainstream 'music' is that in many cases the songs are all written to purely showcase the vocals. The 'music' part is basiclly background noise to accompany the vocals. Where as in underground music, be it metal or any other genre, there is emphasis on the music and musicians, as well as the vocals.

18. Mr Genvin

Mr Genvin Mr Genvin Panzerfaust

I'd say Slipknot is uhm, rap-metal-cross-numetal, especially on that Vol3: Subliminal Verses album. Iowa was okay though, I'd call some of the tracks metal.

19. Mr Genvin

Mr Genvin Mr Genvin Panzerfaust

Nevermind about that Slipknot comment, I was just reading the first page and wanted to say something. Yknow what I hate? When people say they listen to 'heavy metal' but they go on stupid forums like the Emily the Strange one and their screen name is like, 'Xx__Ohio is For Lovers' or something emo like that. And when you ask them what 'heavy metal' bands they listen to they name bands like Mudvayne, Static-X, Slipknot (no offence to the Slipknot fans) and Parkway Drive.

20. Thasis

Thasis Canadian Black Metaller

I hate the fact that pop/rap fans can't understand metal and vice-versa. All music is music made to suit one style of audience. If both sides would realize this, and understand this then there'd be a lot less musical tension.

As for metalhead comments, I've been told my music is evil, that it's causing me to be depressed, and feeding my negative emotions when it's anything but all of that. Councilers have agreed with me, and supported my reasoning, and they're paid to look into our psyche so why do people continue to argue with me when obviously it's doing me anything but harm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.