This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stupid shit you hear as a metalhead....

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Astrum, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young Unknown

Young Unknown Title Goes Here!

This gets my approval! :worship:

2. the cakeposter

the cakeposter Abroomination 58697

Quoted for truth :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

3. Astrum

Astrum Psion

ditto. except im not smart enough to word it that well.

4. Astrum

Astrum Psion

yeah i had a metal poster in my room once (i forget which band, but it was a real freaky looking one.) my mom cane to my room, and she hadnt seen it in a while. the first thing she says was "you should take that down, it looks evil or something."

5. metalhead_666

metalhead_666 Member

"the singer is hopeless "( george fisher! )

"your so narrow minded" thats all you lissen to ?

6. Necro Joe

Necro Joe Answer the chicken

Spectacular Views is pretty much 100% right in this instance, sorry guys.

7. Astrum

Astrum Psion

once i was in the car with my dad, and he was driving. he has satellite radio, so a lot of good stuff you dont usually hear comes on. megadeth came on and he was about to change it, and i said, no keep it on. he was like "this? you actually like this?"

and another time i was telling him about a death metal band, and i said "so they are death metal..." and he inturrupted and said "so they are shit, right?"

he doesnt like metal.

8. Wires & Waves

Wires & Waves New Metal Member

i missed this before but i cant really deny it hahaha

9. Neurotic

Neurotic New Millenium Christ

well at my old job , there was a dude there that was allways saying that i'm all 666 and hail satan shit just because i have long hair, and he wanted to cut my hair lol ,funny dude though but the same jokes over and over again got boring.

10. Hatebreeder

Hatebreeder Pizzicato Heartstrings

My mom absolutely abhors metal in all its incarnations. We were at a store and she said she'd buy me something, so I brought her a Dream Theater CD and she took a look at the genre on the label and, seeing HEAVY METAL, she automatically said no. That's it. Without any previous knowledge of what it was. It could've been Christian metal and she would have never known. She actually made me ask the store clerk before I purchased Queensryche's "Operation: Mindcrime". I'm sick of people thinking metal is Satanic! Very little of it really is! :erk:

11. CAIRATH

CAIRATH Astral Disaster

He made a good point in the process though. The way some people in this thread talk about rap/hiphop is exactly like a hiphop fan saying that all metal sucks because he only heard Korn and Slipknot on MTV. I completely agree with his observation that a lot of metal fans claim to be openminded and whine about how people into pop music don't "get" them and judge them incorrectly based on bands that do not even come close to properly representing what metal is about, yet they do the same exact same thing to other genres.

Unless you have actually investigated a genre like hiphop beyond what you can hear on the radio or MTV you don't know shit about it, just like a person who has only seen Slipknot and Korn on MTV knows shit about metal. So then don't presume that you can judge the worth of said genre.

12. Hatebreeder

I have. I used to be an avid rap/hip hop fan (as strange as that may sound) and have investigated the far corners of the hip hop world. There are a lot of underground artists that actually have redeeming value, but the mainstream artists like 50 Cent and the like are making it seem like rap is just a bunch of mindless "gangsta" garbage. There are also a lot of good classic hip hop artists, but the ideals of rap have come down to materialism. Bottom line: mainstream rap is most definitely garbage and has little redeeming value, but underground rap actually has artistic integrity. Examples: Busdriver and Del Tha Funkee Homosapien.

13. CAIRATH

CAIRATH Astral Disaster

That was the point I was trying to make, yes. And the same applies to pretty much any genre. Unless someone here wanted to claim that there is actually some merit to mainstream metal nowadays (in which case they are wrong).

14. CF87

CF87 Active Member

I'm not open minded to the extent i'm going to actually look into underground rap or pop. Unless maybe their was a specific band that has upfront guitar playing or something get me curious. You know how sometimes you just can't relate to something. I don't think all music is directed to everyone.

I have an idea of what music should sound like.

15. Hatebreeder

Indeed. You don't have to like it, just don't judge its entire body of work based on those at the forefront of the scene. Underground rap fans are just as offended by people who think all rap sucks based on those just like us metalheads are offended by people who think all metal sucks just because of bands like Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, etc. We should all just leave each other alone.

16. Majesty

Majesty Lack of Imagination

This is a thing I´ve been wondering about for some time... ...Is american kids really this pathetic? I´ve seen several cases like this and always american kids.

17. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Metal is about conjuring up little minions to terrorize planet earth and destroy holy figures!

18. Mort Divine

Mort Divine Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd

It really isn't the kids, the kids for the most part, are quite liberal. It is the conservative adults and seniors that are typically "pathetic" mind you that doesn't mean all of the kids are great and open minded, just not as pathetic to think a style of music is overtly Satanic at the core.

19. Majesty

Majesty Lack of Imagination

But, holy fuck man!
    Have the kids no fucking balls at all?!
    When I was a kid I wouldn´t take shit like that, not even from my parents

20. The Heartbreak Kid

The Heartbreak Kid Afterimage

My parents are Middle Class (Conservatives) but listen to Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Budgie, Rush, and some Metallica. Well basically they enjoy all old school metal, so some dont give a shit about this 'metal is satanic crap.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.