This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Superior Drummer Question

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by AscentToZenith, Aug 13, 2014.

1. AscentToZenith

So I have heard people tune their kicks to the guitars lowest string to get that nice chug sound so I am curious how I can do this with the pitchshifting nob that superior has.
    I don't really understand it tbh. A tiny push changes it by a lot.

I am playing in drop A for this specific song just to test out a mix with a lot of chugs and all of that. Trying to get my kick to sound good.

will pitch shifting the kick help? I tried to check a few tuners and it said the kick was around 81 freqz I don't know what drop A is tbh but I think 81 is E
    I am a noob though

2. He's Dead, Jim

I have never heard of anybody doing this and it sounds like a terrible idea, for all of the reasons you have stated and others.

3. Alphanumeric

Alphanumeric Member

I think this is an engineering thing where people tune a real kick drum or change heads/reso's for a certain song.

If the Superior kick is around 82hz which is E that's alright because its a 5th above A. For real drums tuning in 5ths or 3rds from the root is common alternative if you have to change by like a 6th or 7th just to reach the right root octave which is ridiculous haha.

Just tried putting the superior kick down by a 5th sounds hilarious.

Grab yourself the Metal Machine pack I know the small kick is around 60hz and rest at 50hz which is more appropriate for metal.

4. StoneLord

StoneLord LurkMachine Pete

5. AscentToZenith

Do you think bumping up the A freqz on the kick in eq a bit might make it sound better? Not by much but just a little or something

6. AscentToZenith

Like boosting the 7k range since on that chart it says it is part of "A" and I know 7k is also around the attack range of the kick

7. waav studios

waav studios Member

it could be cool but its not anything that would be a mind opener. all it would be is a little bit of flavor. try it, if it sucks take it off. use your ears.