This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Swano interview

Discussion in 'LotFP' started by skyrefuge, Feb 22, 2003.

1. skyrefuge

skyrefuge Member

Good god, that was probably the best interview I've ever read. Who knew the drummer from Bloodbath was so interesting?

And it was especially impressive because I figured after the previous enormous interviews, I already knew everything there was to know about the guy, and I'd kinda been losing interest anyway. But reading this just sent me on a whole new trip of Swano fanboy-ism. I remember a couple years ago when he went off the deep end and posted that thing at his site about never doing "metal" again and all that nonsense; I figured that was the beginning of the end, but this interview combined with the excellence of "Alive Again" makes me all interested once more.

Anyway, the interview basically had everything....tons of informative stuff, hilarious stuff (shutting up the Edge of Sanity drummer by saying "Cold Lake"; "Neal Morse....gets mega-Christian and is building and ark and shit"), and even touching stuff (all of his fears about Second Sky).

Of course the best thing of all was seeing him say the exact same things about post-Morningrise Opeth that I've been saying for years, the things that very few people seem to notice or understand. And the reason that's cool is because he LIKES "Damnation". So there's hope! (new Katatonia sounds cool too)

Neil

2. SSMT

SSMT Member

The one great thing about Raggi is that he can get Swano rambling on and on and it's terribly interesting to read. Great interview indeed!

John

3. Nebularus

Nebularus Member

Is he implying in the interview that he'll no longer release any Karaboudjan material? That's the feeling I get from reading one of his answers. Hopefully not - I think it's the best thing he's done in recent memory.

F

4. Jim LotFP

Jim LotFP The Keeper of Metal

One thing to remember about Swanö is that his plans constantly change.

5. Mark

Mark Not blessed, or merciful

Yep, great interview, once I managed to carry it up the stairs :p

6. S4R

S4R gooey

I'm hunting around the forums for comments on this interview, I can't stress enough how great it is, go read now!