This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

SY-X Fans...Just curious..What do you do for a living!!

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Krusty/Antithesis, Jul 18, 2011.

1. firewindraging

I work in a retail store:guh: One of the worst things about it is the awful songs I hear 10 times in one day. At least it makes coming home and listening to some Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, or Symphony X that much more awesome though!

2. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

Yay, I'm not going to be blue after all. I get to stay pink! er... magenta....

3. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

Did you just find out today? Or was it just not public but you knew before? I'd hate to find out something like that on the news.

4. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

We were notified via e-mail from our CEO before the press releases went out.

5. 1by4by9

1by4by9 Member

I fix old things, mostly furniture and buildings.

6. Frontal Lobotomy

Cje-la Tuz-la jednu kozu muz-la! Hahaha

God, I feel old:lol:

7. reidie

reidie Member

Process (Chemical) Engineer, working for an EPCM in the mining and metals industry

8. Adormit

Adormit New Metal Member

I eat and take a crap (at least) every day. That really helps you know, for a living i mean.

But what do I know, here where I live they call me a retarded (but at least they give me food every day, and I have my own room, boy that really helps, as an ancient homeless I can tell...).

Ain't that cool?

9. I. Haychew

I. Haychew New Metal Member

Cop. Evansville, Indiana USA

10. _Gentleman of_the Snow_

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ Prog' Drummer

^ Bustin' out some V in the cruiser? Right on.

11. yyzmoose

yyzmoose Member

I'm in the exciting world of customer service, specializing in e-commerce! OK, not so exciting, but its a living. Good company, nice co-workers, OK salary, I can't complain.

12. Volapük

Volapük Tellus Requiem

I have multible jobs actually... :)
    I`m mainly a carpenter, specialized in building timberhouses. I`m also a professional ski waxer and a coach for some of the most talented biathlon-athletes in Norway. My family has a farm so I also work there from time to time. There is more, but not worth mentioning...:)

13. Marwen

Marwen Five Align

^ sounds nice. Welcome aboard. :)

14. Volapük

Volapük Tellus Requiem

^ Thanks! I`ve read the forum for almost a decade, so i figured it was about time.. hehehe...
    Yeah, it is nice. As a former athlete myself, it is cool to see that my way of philosofy of training makes other people reach they`re goals in life... Well, that`s the most giving part of my jobs anyway... :)

15. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

"Former athlete"? Does that mean you're demoted to weekend warrior status now? :)

16. Volapük

Volapük Tellus Requiem

hehehe.. Depends how you look at things I guess.. :)
    I represented my country in several occations, in biathlon, during my active career. I was what you could call quite promising. But I gave up the career when my old man passed away some years ago, and we had to make some serious decisions concerning the farm. I figured it was inapropriate for me to not step up to the plate so I took the responsebility for the farm during a period of time. When my younger brother took over the farm, I didn`t have the big motivation I needed and my perspective of life had changed a little, since I have gotten a son, (which I named Michael Romeo, btw) and I hated being away from him. Long story short.. ;)
    I do still train a lot, but not like 850 hours a year like before, but for recreation i suppose... :)

17. Harris The Epic

Harris The Epic The Keyboard Guy

Interesting thread topic!!

Right now, here's what I do in life.
    For money, I work at the Sam Ash store out on eastern Long Island. Unfortunately, they stuck me at the front desk when they hired me, and I have no idea if I'll ever be given a promotion. But I get employee discounts on music stuff, so it's not so bad. Except I don't make much money; enough to save up progressively for good equipment that I can purchase with an employee discount, but still, it's pretty terrible. At least it's not a torturous job.
    Other than working, I mostly mooch off my mom :D I used to do some live sound gigs for two summers, but that didn't work out for whatever reasons. Mostly because I hate live shows compared to recording in a studio. But that's just because I'm a jerk. And also feedback and shitty performers who don't know how to sing into a mic.
    I do freelance studio-style pro-sumer level recording in my basement, and I just finished recording the tracks for an album that my friend is sending out to L.A. to be mixed by my teacher from audio school, who actually did a lot of final mixes for Whitney Houston and a bunch of other famous people.
    I have a professional certificate in Audio Engineering from S.A.E. Institute in New York City, and I'm trying to become a professional engineer and open my own high end recording studio some day.
    But this might throw a wrench in that plan for a while. I recently joined a band too. Not sure if I should talk about it too much right now, but I'm absolutely stoked to be playing for this band and I definitely enjoy the music that I'll be playing. I'm working very hard to learn and rehearse the material, I want to be ready for the upcoming shows.
    I'm not really sure how much money I'll make from playing in the band, but I'm really not concerned about that.