This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Symphony X Forum - A couple announcements

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by MetalAges, Aug 24, 2015.

1. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

'

I, completely, disagree. I am a "metal head". My music roots are based on metal like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. When I heard Divine Wings, I was blown away, really intrigued by it. It was different, yet still had a similar feel. Not everyone will like it, sure. But, I think your statement paints a very broad picture.

2. _Gentleman of_the Snow_

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ Prog' Drummer

My point was that SX was never, to me, a metal band, which is why I used that blanket statement.

3. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

I've always thought of them as metal, just with different song structures. They are metal at the core, all the way. I can see where you are coming from, but I hear the metal base.

4. Drunc

Drunc Member

I think Symphony X have always leaned towards the heavier side of prog. I love prog bands such as Arena, Marillion (Fish era) Mostly Autumn and Landmarq and these are out and out prog and nowhere near as heavy as Symphony X. I also love Maiden, Gamma Ray, Edguy and totally agree with the last statement. Show DWOT to fans of these bands and they may indeed say wtf?

Symphony X, like Uriah Heep, my favourite band, are somewhere in between and I guess that's the genre for me.