This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

SymX on the Billboard Top 100 - we need your help!

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Jax, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

Paradise Lost comes out on Tuesday, and there's a very good possibility that we can get Symphony X on the Billboard Top 100 for the first time in their career..but we need your help.

'How do we do this, Jax?' you ask?

Go out and buy the cd next week. Tell everyone you know to go out and buy the cd next week. Buy a copy for a friend..for a relative..for your mom and dad or your kids..pass this message on to everyone you can think of..we need to sell at least 4,000 copies or so right off the bat next week for them to appear on the chart. With over 31 thousand friends on their MySpace page alone (plus mailing list members, forum members, fan club members, and countless other fans who may not even interact with the rest of us online), it should be relatively easy to help the band to make it quite a way up the chart if even half of us buy the cd next week; we can do this!

So let's do it! These guys have given us SO MUCH over the last decade-plus..one impressive album after another, countless unforgettable shows on multiple continents, and personal memories galore..let's give back to them in a big way and help them set a record; SymX on the Top 100 for the first time ever!

Also, don't forget, for those of you in and around New Jersey, the band will be at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ on June 26th (Tuesday) at 7pm for an in-store appearance to celebrate the release of Paradise Lost that day. If you're even remotely close by, stop by, buy a copy or two, and say hi to the guys!

2. CantoX

CantoX Member

I shalt join on this noble quest to bring appreciation to an amazing and epic band ! I shall tell all to buy a cd, and I shall buy a cd !

3. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

Jax: how do pre-orders and internet orders effect the BB standings?

4. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

Good question, Zach..I'll ask Gunter (the band's manager) about that & let you know what he says.

5. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

Didn't read somewhere that the internet & pre-orders don't mean squat as far as any kind of B-Board sales stats go? I'm hoping I'm wrong, and I AM old, and sometimes forgetful..... ;)

6. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

If internet sales/preorders aren't factored in, then whatever Billboard reports may be quite misleading.

7. the_satanic_rabbit

the_satanic_rabbit Return of Ganon

I would assume that if ordered within the US, then it would be counted. I ordered the SE from Europe, so I guess I'm not helping. :(

8. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

It was something relating to internet vendors vs retail outlets (large & small)
    Damn, I can't even remember which forum it was discussed in......

9. WhoFooldU

WhoFooldU Fool for a Lifetime

Top 200 is what Billboard tracks.

FYE will have the version with the DVD. DVD will be in a cardboard slipcase shrink-wrapped with the die cut digipack. I stopped in to my local fye and reserved a copy right off the bat. It will be selling for $14.99 with the dvd, at least that's what they charged me for it.

Support the band!
    Glenn

10. Jonin

Jonin Member

Done. CD will be in hand on Tuesday.

11. Metalman7983

Metalman7983 Member

yea I got the same answer from FYE when I called 2 days ago so alright comes with the DVD too!!

12. WhoFooldU

WhoFooldU Fool for a Lifetime

First thing is the vendor would have to be registered with SoundScan to report the sales data.

Second, the title being purchase would have to be registered. If the title is sold before being registered with Soundscan, then numbers will not count.

More info about SoundScan at http://www.soundscan.com

13. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

Is FYE exclusive for the DVD/digipak?

And how do these different versions affect sales on the Billboard? Do the different CD options all roll up to the same tally?

14. Burnout

Burnout Faith Puppeteer

I ordered my copy from an online distro, so hopefully the sale is counted, but I bought it all the same. I'm very much looking forward to it! :kickass:

15. Eternal Dragon

I'll be buying it from JB Hi-fi in Australia. Dunno if thats part of the thing that was mentioned though.

16. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

not sure yet where I'll be getting it...hopefully The End Records gets it in...if not, I'll be like sad n stuff and get it somewhere else.

17. SyXified

SyXified Member

If you really want to get the band on the Billboard Top 100, everyone should buy 2 copies of the CD (or an extra one beyond whatever amount you actually need), leave one unopened, and then return it after the charts come out. Soundscan will count them...in fact I'm not even sure if Soundscan has a means of retracting stats on returns. :loco:

In all seriousness though, I think the band is pretty well poised to hit the top 100 on this album. I even get the feeling a vast % of those who DLed the album early will still purchase it when it comes out. I feel weird saying it, but prog/power metal seems to be on the brink of actually invading the mainstream to some degree. These days if you mention Symphony X fewer people look at you like you have 3 heads.

18. PoisonSeed

PoisonSeed Grin

I preordered from play.com. Hope it counts.

19. Setsu

Setsu Screw MTV, Go SX & DT

I don't get paid until Thursday, but i'll be picking up my copy then.

20. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Honest talent and hard work will prevail. Personally I think Symphony X are the most incredible band on the planet. Sure, this music is not for everyone, but every bit of goodness that comes around to these guys, as well as those who have worked for them through the years, is well deserved and long overdue. I and my family offer what we can to contribute to their success. We wish them all the best in every way.