This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Testing a new IR - Dig the mix?

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by reg3n, Jun 17, 2012.

1. reg3n

reg3n Señor Miembro

Hey guys, just a couple riffs here throuhg an impulse I've made... noisy as fuck thing :devil: and well I still don't have a bass so it's a shifted guitar... what do you think about the mix? my composition skills are no the best though... but the guitar should have those strong mids I learned to love

What do you think? :popcorn:

#1 reg3n, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

what amp sim did you use?

3. AntonioPetrole

I'm assuming this isn't an amp sim because of the completely lack of scratchiness. This sounds good but maybe needs a bit more high end on the guitars to help the bit cut through. The low end and mids sound pretty powerful though

4. reg3n

reg3n Señor Miembro

Ericlingus: I always go with the line6 big bottom for this type-o-TACT but this time I used the Triple recto sim in the UX2... very VERY low gain and mids almost on max, you could make something simmilar (or better, of course) stuff with the amazing LeCto, the pod's screamer really good though

roflsaurusrex: I notice the lack of scratch too on the highs, and there's something about the tone that If I sit and hear I want to immediately tweak on the mids... maybe I don't like digital high freq's either and you can tell by the impulse which acts like a big lowpass, I even made an experiment myself and one day I woke up, made those changes, and left it for the day, the next day, did the same again with the raw tracks again, and left for the day, on day 3 I noticed I've gotten the same type of scratchy weak tone on both and the raw track was always clearer and stronger, and even lower on volume, and even having THAT thing that bothers me on the low-mids so, I think I really need a real bass guitar and most of my low-mid concerns are going to be over for once haha, I guess that's why I move guitars so "down" in the spectrum, this has a LP filter at something like 8khz... oh and quite a cut @ 1k for sucking any trace of presence out of the guitars hehe it's funny how the most important instrument on the sound I have in my head is the bass guitar, and it's the only one that's completely fake on my mixes :[ .. I was just about to mic an old laney cab for this but the IR thing kept me "in the box"

Thanks guise