This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the altered state of consciousness thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Xorv, May 1, 2007.

1. Draehl

Draehl Lurker

Got the kava- it pretty much is as advertised. You get a nice body relaxation, but no affect on your mental facilities. The taste is rather bitter and the sensation in your mouth is mildly reminiscent of the doctors office due to the numbness.

I tried making the straight tea (water + kava + strainer + let it soak for a half hour) but the bitterness killed it for me. I found that adding milk and cinnamon gave it a rather enjoyable taste and have been drinking it that way. I haven't had it but a few times so far, but supposidely it has a reverse tolerance- the more you get acclimated to it the less you need. o_O

2. Draehl

Draehl Lurker

Definitely reverse tolerance. Been drinking kava a bit more lately and only takes a good half glass to get a bit of the buzz. I recommend brewing a big batch in a pot of boiled water with the ground root and then mixing in some of the more palatable tea bags of the kava tea Yogi brand makes and some honey. Chill it in the fridge and actually rather good.

A big glass of these combined with the endorphins after lifting weights or running gives you a mild euphoria and strong non-sleepy relaxation. Great for just sitting around listening to music.

3. Vimana

Vimana Member

I used to drink tea with a mix of kava, sinicuichi, and sage and then smoke weed with it. It would make me super relaxed and spacey.

Sinicuichi is like weed, but all upper and no downer. There's no hazy forgetfulness or that kind of expanded thought process. By expanded I don't mean better, just less linear and tied down by logic.

It also makes sound a lot more saturated which is great for listening to music. The only issues with it are that it has a bitter taste that can cause nausea, and when it really gets going it can dehydrate you really fast and cause muscle tension throughout the body. On a regular basis I'd get too relaxed and lie down listening to music and wake up with little cramps throughout my body.

4. KafkaX

KafkaX Mr. Self Destruct

I actually ended up scoring some Kava last week.

Some dude came up to me and asked if I drank it, I said Ive never tried it and he ended up gifting me a fair amount.

How much do you use per serving? And do you need to strain it?

5. Draehl

Draehl Lurker

I've never really measured. Just drop a decent amount in hot water, let it sit 20 minutes then strain it. It is very bitter and tough to drink at first. Definitely mix with another tea and/or honey.

6. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

So i said fuck and decided to give edibles another shot. Went for the indica and deca-dose cheeba chews ... and nothing. Same goes for this one ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    there is no way real potheads can get high off these bullshit edibles. Flowers ftw.

7. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Edibles just flat out don't work for some people, doesn't mean they don't work at all.

8. UltimateApathy

UltimateApathy Infinite Idiocy

9. SentinelSlain

SentinelSlain Suck my joined date.

I think I would smoke weed again but I suspect I might end up going completely paranoid and end up institutionalized.

10. CF87

CF87 Active Member

You have to smoke it with a few close people. I have not smoked it in awile. It's still illegal besides a few places. I have a warrant out because did not pay my fine for my DWI. I was driving with a suspended license when I got it and almost had to do 2 years. Aslong as I do not get arrested it will not matter. So I do not worry about it.

11. UltimateApathy

UltimateApathy Infinite Idiocy

The potential to get arrested at any moment doesn't seem worrying at all...

12. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

13. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Smoke by yourself. If you ever get enough experience, you'll start to realize people can't tell as long as you act normal.

14. Draehl

Draehl Lurker

Trying a Kava Chamomile mix this time, with honey. Should be mellow. I should probably just get some pot, but I've been applying to new jobs lately and want to be 100% clean for an impending drug test.

Also, I've been taking DHA pills (concentrated fish oil pretty much) and it helps greatly with mood, concentration, and makes mornings so much easier to deal with in general.

15. mutantllama

mutantllama Awesome custom title

Stay busy with shit when you get high.

16. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

picked up some shrooms. might take a small amount tonight

17. Black Orifice

Black Orifice Vein-Marbled Tower

I don't like to take mushrooms at night because you can't fall asleep. Also, it's more fun to wander around in the sunshine instead of the darkness. I haven't had any in about a year. Last time I had them, I read a book while waiting for them to kick in. When I found myself enamored by the contrast between the ink and paper pulp, I went for a swim and had a blast. If they're dried, I prefer to make tea instead of eating them.

18. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Took 1 gram a couple hours ago, don't really feel anything besides a weird head high and some nausea, but I kind of expected nothing would happen. Wanted to start off real small. Going to take at least 2.5 next time, whenever I decide to do it.

19. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Just ate 2.5 grams. here we go...

20. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

so yeah, two hours in and I know these shrooms are weak, but I'm not sure how weak. I'm pretty sure I feel/felt some effects (more so than when I took 1 g), cause colors look a little more vibrant, and I felt a strange spaciness in my head for a while, but other than that not much. Pales in comparison to my last psychedelic trip (with acid), because that was extremely fucking intense and this is definitely not that. I'm not really upset, just a little disappointed. Not disappointed about being down 20 bucks or anything, that doesn't really matter, just wish I could've had more of an experience.

Definitely going to have to give it another go eventually. I'm going back on prozac soon, which is good, but it also kind sucks since I'll probably have to take a week or two off to attempt to trip again. Not a big deal, I've been on and off it many times before, it's just a bit of a nuisance.