This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Best Horror Film of 2006

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by EvilVince, Jan 8, 2007.

?

What is your favorite horror film of 2006?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2007.
  1. Hostel

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. When A Stranger Calls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tamara

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Final Destination 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Hills Have Eyes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Stay Alive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Slither

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Silent Hill

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. An American Haunting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. See No Evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Omen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Lady In The Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. The Descent

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  14. Pulse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  16. The Grudge 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Saw III

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  18. Night Of The Living Dead 3-D

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  19. Turistas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Black Christmas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the mourner13

By the way Village kicks major ass!!!I bet none of you could see the ending coming...

2. Scourge of Malice

Fair enough. I've enjoyed all of his movies. I'm not a huge fan, and I don't think he's got some great, important, special message to throw out there all the time, but what can I say, he entertains me. I loved Signs, but thats cause I'm a nerd when it comes to aliens. Lady in the Water was just a fun movie, I don't care to put too much thought into it. Even though the message of the movie isn't origional or anything, its still nice, and important IMO. I really like the atmosphere he creates in his movies. The colors, music, and scenery all work really well together.

3. Scourge of Malice

Agreed. Both the thriller and love story aspects of the movie were very well done IMO. Even if people were dissapointed by the ending, you gotta admit it was pretty scary up until that point.

4. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

5. Scourge of Malice

That fact that everything worked out because of the girl's weird deal with stale water, what the wife said, and the boy's asthma (sp?) is what the films all about. It brings his faith back.

6. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

Yes rely in fatih and everything will work out and everything is linked! wow!! Have faith and you don't need to do anything else bause everything ill work out!! man we need to make a million movies about that because it's so damn inovative and it's so damn realistic. pretty much all his movies are the same.

7. EvilVince

EvilVince Satan Christ

Lady In The Water got such bad reviews and such bad word of mouth, that when I bought it I wasn't expecting that much. I just really thought it wasn't really that bad like everyone said.

My favorite movie of the year was definitely Slither, because it reminds me of all the old '80s B-Horror movies I loved, like Tremors, Critters, The Blob remake, The Thing, The Fly, you know, all of that. There really hasn't been a horror movie like that in awhile.

But, whoa, The Descent, that's the only movie this year that I actually thought was scary. I jumped a few times in the theater. Great film, great dark atmosphere, I mean it's dark but you can still see everything that's happening.

And Black Christmas just had the coolest gore, and was awesome because of the Christmas setting. Nothing like being impaled through the skull by an icicle, decorating your christmas tree with eyeballs, and biting out your sister's eye. Oh, and the Christmas tree impalement? Oh my god! That was the best, how the body slides down the tree and all the guts become the ornaments! That was fucking awesome!

I also loved Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes a lot this year. Get ready for the sequels to both films in just a couple months.

-Vince

N.P. Blackfield - Scars

8. Scourge of Malice

I already said its nothing special, I'm just pointing out that its what the film is about, so that happy ending makes sense. Almost nothing in movies is origional these days anyways. :erk:

9. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

Well I dunno about that but there is a saying if you can't say anything new then at least say it better

10. Alcapoth

Alcapoth S t a r E

Yep, Silent Hill for me easily, even though that movie was disappointing to me as the games are so superior. Like others have suggested, the visuals and art direction were done brilliantly but the story and some of the dialogue/acting could have been improved upon.
    I have to ask though; what was so bad about the ending? I thought it was one of the best parts of the movie and was actually "classic" silent hill. They couldn't get back, which made sense and it was so artistic the way it was directed. It showed the father in the normal world while the mother and daughter were left in silent home - but the brilliant part was how both scenes were at home, just in different worlds. I thought it was well done.

Overall, no movie including Silent Hill (didn't match the games at all) was scary at all so that's a big downer. In fact, I don't think I have been freaked out from a film since Stigmata.

11. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

I didn't mean the very ending I meant towards the ending a bit before when they showed the burned girl and also when they wen't into the church and when the girl came out with barbed wire.

12. Alcapoth

Alcapoth S t a r E

Ahh, yes...that part was pretty lame - after I made that post I kinda figured this must have been the part you were referring to hehe. :lol: Although, watching those people get pierced through barb wire in bloody horror was enjoyable for a while.

13. the-great-cold-distance

the-great-cold-distance Throbbing Member

That was awesome to see a bad guy (girl) actaully get fucked up at the end of a movie, not just shot or pushed off a cliff or some crap. Barbed wire baby, it'll kill ya (especially if a vindictive spirit rapes you with it...)!

14. Scourge of Malice

Well atleast in mainstream movies its pretty much all remakes these days. Some indie films still have origional ideas but even tons of those are all ripping off other indie films now. Kinda sad :erk:

15. Hypnos

Hypnos steck ihn nei!

really?!? i think 'The Hills Have Eyes' was the biggest pile of crap i've seen in the last few years! total waste of money and time...

voted for 'The Descent'

16. CF87

CF87 Active Member

I have not seem them all but would go with the hills have eyes.

17. Discouraged_Tom

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning for sure :D

18. hugot

hugot ¿QUÉ?

horror movie remakes suck, period. go silent hill!

19. Irja

Irja Member

well the only thing i can say is that Black Xmas was a total craaaaaaaaaaaaap

20. draggon

draggon Demented Metal er

my definition of horror differs,meaning it doesnt always have to be scarey spirits or psycotic killers,that being said my favorite *horror* movie was SYRIANA,why you ask? Well with the shit that happens throughout the movie,being mostly behind our backs,and with the possibilty that this could really be happening,scares the shit out of me.That and the fact that normally dvd's normally come out 2 months after the movie is released to the theaters,and SYRIANA took almost a year to come out on dvd,this also scares me,because what are they hiding,why dont they want me to see it.with that said,thats what i consider horror,these other movies do nothing for me,the real horror movies are like SYRIANA and The Good Shepard,these movies are truely scarey.