This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Best of Swedish Death Metal

Discussion in 'Bloodbath' started by The Black Prince, Feb 26, 2008.

1. LifeDepraved

LifeDepraved My soul got a crack

Oh right on with Verminous! Their releases on vinyl are a bitch to find...I think I secured a place though.

And just right for the Swedish death metal thread:God Macabre - The Winterlong and Bloodstone - Hour Of The Gate vinyls have been unleashed via Blood Harvest. Can't wait for them.

2. MadTinus

MadTinus Language enthusiast

Looks like I'll have to check out Bloodstone as well then :) I got the Verminous 7-inch from the guy who runs Nuclear Winter records from Greece. I was in touch with him for a while.

3. LifeDepraved

LifeDepraved My soul got a crack

4. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Entombed~left hand path,crawl e.p,clandestine,wolverine blues. Left Hand Path is the 'death metal song'.

Unleashed~where no life dwells,shadows in the deep,across the open sea. I'm one of the few people atleast here that is going to recomend ATOS because feel sometimes it might actually be their best album and songs like The General,In The Northern Lands,Captured,Execute Them All,The One Insane, and I am God are some highlights of the bands career.

Grave~into the grave,you'll never see

God Macabre~the winterlong.

Sorcery~bloodchilling tales.

Dismember~like an everflowing stream.

Edge of Sanity ~unorthodox,the spectral sorrows. Dan Swanö and EoS do have die-hard fans and get credit and at the sametime these albums are still very underlooked in the death metal world.

At The Gates ~gardens of grief which is the best ATG album. The Red In The Sky is a very great album, but GoF is just some loud heavy intense twisted odd death metal like nothing else and is before the band started becoming melodic and shows the band when writing more dark and eerie old school death metal.

Necrophobic~the nocturnal silence. I do not need to say nothing about this album.

Carnage~dark recollections.

5. Hook_David

Hook_David Member

Nominon - Recremation
    Thats an album I strongly recomend, it makes you believe in the more recent bands.

Even though Nominon has existed for quite many years, but they didn't manage to put out an album in their first couple of years.

6. Klämrisk

Klämrisk A fucking swede

I agree. That album (Across the open sea) fucking owns. (I've got it ...on BLACK cd with Death Certificate collectors limited edition. It costed me only 99 SEK! (7 dollars) WOHOO!!!)

7. MadTinus

MadTinus Language enthusiast

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94643
    Hell yeah! :headbang: :heh:

8. SoulEvisceration666

SoulEvisceration666 Trapped in Unhuman Flesh

9. Flal

Flal Flal

Right now I'm an Anata fan boi. Man....I really hope they pull through and come out with a new album this year. Conductors was SOOOOO good

10. stefan86

stefan86 invariably off-topic

Anata are pretty cool, mostly 'cause there's no band who really sounds like them. They're like one big jamming session with the drummer showing some serious skills. I love the song "A Problem Yet To Be Solved".

11. Flal

Flal Flal

Still doesn't beat better grieved than fooled :) Yeah, Conny Pertersen is a beast

12. stefan86

stefan86 invariably off-topic

haven't listened much to that song.. guess I should :p