This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Whatever happened with the Blacky guitar anyway? In one of the videos here the tech mentions that they take one along as backup. Has Alexi ever had to use it? I don't think I ever recall seeing it on stage or in pics/videos. He seems to prefer the more flashy ones. :p

I, one the other hand, love satin black guitars, and while I'm a Jackson guy and not ESP/LTD, I'm very much drawn to the Blacky. Anyone know when it was released? It seems they have vanished completely as I can't find one on sale anywhere.

2. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Well he used Blacky on last European tour in 2013 in Drop C tuning, like you said he also used it on North American tour in 2014 as backup guitar. But the one he really didn't use in ages is Katakana, if I recal correctly not since 2010. And Blacky was released in 2009 I think.

Here you can see Blacky in action:

#2642 Johnny_victor, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  3. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

If you ask about it a half years ago, I could link one to you but now..neh..:cry:

Anyway,

Hey guys, I didn't visit this page for a long time

Could you please help me to find a Jackson RR24 for sale in EU?
    I would white/black bevels or black/yellow bevels

I know an Italian page with some but they don't reply to me so... There was one white, that I just bought but right before we have made the deal the seller withdrew without any good reason...

4. MattK

MattK Member

I have had my Axe Fx a couple of weeks and already planning on selling it, mostly because it's high gain tones are pretty lackluster because of weak cab impulses.

Thinking about selling it and either buying a guitar (7 string or Vai jem?) or maybe an amp head an a 2x12

5. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

I will help you out with what I found on my weekly scours of the offhand websites.
    Jackson RR24 yellow Bevel, 11hours playtime, only akoustic, never used with an amp, MINT CONDITION , Netherlands, shipping worldwide

trust me on this one..its a good deal!

I think you can google translate the page btw :)

6. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

while on guitar subject

Seen this new V finally brought in LTD version by ESP :D the arrow...imo its one kickass shape of guitar!
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    Set-thru neck construction
    25.5" scale
    Mahogany body
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Thin-U neck contour
    Black nickel hardware
    24XJ frets
    EMG 81/85 P.U.
    Floyd Rose Special bridge
    Finish: black
    Case sold separately

700~ EURO

got to admit that the ESP version with the Andromeda finish is the most beautiful guitar i ever saw...but ye...3.5k Euro kinda to expensive for me :rofl:
    [​IMG]

7. Rune

Rune Member

Nah dont like the long winged LTD style rhoads thing. If it was like the ESP custom shops and Jackson RR I'd love it.

8. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Looks awesome i wonder how it would play sitting down though with that edge at the top wing near the strap lock; might dig into your thigh. RR shaped guitars are actually great to play sitting down if you get used to it

9. MattK

MattK Member

I think that the guitar looks a little clunky

10. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

i was looking to buy this alexi greeny and everything looks ok but the only thing that is bothering me is that guitar is supposed to come with an emg hz but on the pickup pictured below it doesnt have hz on it... is it a fake or should i pull the trigger on the deal...any thoughts

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif/v1427114775/qf2oaorjbvlwt58jygvl.jpg

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif/v1427114766/uetuc212t2hvuyzevn5d.jpg

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif/v1427114771/btwqfi3h92upuu52be2v.jpg

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif/v1427114779/o6kau2hqpixurgw8ipgb.jpg

11. MattK

MattK Member

IF the seller is trustworthy I would consider the deal

12. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

yeah the dude seemed trustworthy, he had no negative reviews on ebay either so i went with the deal. $600 for a new greeny just as good a deal as when i got my practically unplayed rr24 with a case for the same price. man think im practically stealing these guitars

13. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

14. nunofrg

nunofrg Member

any finnish dude can translate this? even with google translator i cant understand if alexi using an esp eclipse in the studio or not...

Alexi Laiho & Children Of Bodom puuhailevat uuden materiaalin parissa ja Alexi tajusi, että pitäähän joka kitaristilla olla ESP Eclipse! Mehän tiedämme miksi - se on juuri oikea laite studioon ja käteen istuva kitara tilanteisiin, kun vaan tekee mieli soitella jotain.
    Kitara on siis ESP Original Series Eclipse CTM, See Thru Black Sunburst -värityksellä.
    Tarkemmat speksit:
    Mahonkirunko upealla Quilted -vaahterakannella, vaahtereakaula, ebony-otelauta, 22 extra jumbo -nauhaa, EMG-60 + EMG-81 mikitys, Gotoh lukkovirittimet ja Tonepros talla.
    Lisää infoa ESP:n sivuilta: http://www.espguitars.com/prod&#8230;/9954-esp-eclipse-ctm-stblksb

https://www.facebook.com/musamaailm...0299635681695/941506462561004/?type=1&theater

15. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Laiho and Bodom working with new material, Alexi realized every guitarist gotta have an ESP Eclipse. We know why - it's the right tool for studio and handy whenever you wanna play something. Mahogany body, fretboard ebony, rest maple.

Why is it the right guitar for studio?

I smell like it's just for fun and because ESP wants to boost their sale of this guitar.

Oh I get it, with this you just pull the strings thru and no need to balance as with the whammy thing, so if you wanna change tunings or something it's faster, and you have the gain and natural mic, if you pay for one or two days for studio to record an album?

16. nunofrg

nunofrg Member

its just a standard cliche guitar to have, in alexi´s case makes sense since the woods of it sound the opposite of alexis signature guitars (mahogany vs alder)

besides that, one of the biggest influences of alexi is zakk wylde which uses a les paul, so i´ve always thought he one day would get one as well.

maybe we´ll see him use one live in the future or better yet get a signature guitar with an eclipse model! maybe its the next step of him with esp who knows... lets see!

17. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

For sure you'll get bored playing the one and same sound all the time. Different sounds give new perspectives. I think the ugly CRY-carved guitar might be diminishing to his image.

18. Norbix

Norbix Member

I don't know if I should buy an eclipse or gibson les paul studio. I'd only buy the eclipse with the passive pickups for sure. The eclipse is thinner, probably not as fat sounding...also the neck on the newer les paul is thinner which I like. I think les paul studio is simply a better guitar??

19. nunofrg

nunofrg Member

because of the radius, pickups and stuff, look at the gibson as a more rock and overall guitar and eclipse a metal axe

20. MattK

MattK Member

ESPs all the way