This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. prosogito

prosogito New Metal Member

Anybody got a Marshall Code? What settings are needed for sound like COB?

2. AtomicBanana

AtomicBanana New Metal Member

3. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

No it's not, Alexi's was damaged here and there + he had a gain boost switch built in under the volume knob. Probably it's just a custom shop one.

But ask for serial No. and it may be...

4. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

That's a custom shop Jackson RR1 with 21 frets, one pickup and an unpainted neck. I'm not sure which model Alexi had, but his guitar had 24 frets with a black finish neck.

5. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

Alexi had a Jackson Stars model, it is indicated on the headstock with the word "stars" after the jackson logo.

24 frets with a black finish neck with ivory binding.
    Many copy builds exist.

Here is a picture of my Lim. Ed. RR24 with gold hardware and a built in JE1000with volume knob push pull. all it missesis the stars word, wildchild sticker, white brand lettering and the knob for the JE1000 gainboost. the latter I actually wanted as push pull because technology no longer requiresyou to drill holes and have a seperate button
    BTW the JE1000 is the forum copy that was sold here which is and I have to keep giving credit for it, REALLY good

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. NewHewkas

False, his was a custom shop one (or I don't know) but clearly not a Stars model. I think those were produced later on, but @<-Warheart-> would probably able to tell us more or @Fastbodom.
    [​IMG]

7. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

NewHewkas is right. The J2SP came out in 1999 or early 2000s if I remember right.

Alexis Guitars were CS guitars. He said it several times

8. NewHewkas

Hey guys I recently bought a used Jackson RR35 (well on 17th December to be exact) to have one in the hostel, I live nowadays and to become more veteran/practiced with the V model, since I was a bit afraid to use my RR24...
    Well it's a bit war-torned axe, probably used as a stage guitar, I bought it from a kid, he seemed a bit incompetent as the set up was a mess, anyway I finally fixed it as much as I can.
    The interesting part is, it has an EMG ALX-F set built in it. I can confirm that, since we had to took it out, due to there weren't pickup height screws in it, just some pieces of tissues under it... (fixed it as well).
    Anyway, when I push down the gain boost and just leave it on full volume there's a constant noise feedback, which I'm not used to on my 30W combo. Is that normal or they screwed up the wiring?

9. NewHewkas

10. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

Anyone who have already bought a guitar on eBay from Japan ? And who would know approximatively how much customs could it cost to get the guitar in EU ? :D any infos are welcomed!

11. NewHewkas

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/calculation-customs-duties_en

Afaik, there is no detailed info on the topic. It depends on an awful lot of things, as I scrolled through the links, but nothing conrete... Imo with a 600€+ price you could count above 100€+ tax.

MaximHateCrew likes this.
  12. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

For France I usually paid 19,6 % VAT + 4/5 % for customs. So I always add 25% to the price. Don't forget to include shipping fees because taxes are applied on the total declared price.
    Some sellers are ok with declaring a lower value but should anything go wrong the insurance (if there is one) would only cover the declared value, of course.

MaximHateCrew likes this.
  13. MaximHateCrew

Thank you NewHewkas & Zman !

14. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- New Metal Member

Here's a shitty picture of my 2003 ESP Kiso factory custom shop RV-350AL Arrowhead. Some previous owner had switched the original pickup to an EMG-81 and added a PA-2 gainboost. Since it wasn't in its original configuration when I got it and there was already a hole for the miniswitch, I replaced the 81 with a HZ-H2 and the PA-2 with a MM-04.

Attached Files:

15. MaximHateCrew

It looks nice! Would you consider to sell it? :heh:

16. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- New Metal Member

Not at the moment. :tickled: Maybe after I get my hands on a Scythes or Pink Sawtooth model. Those are my two favourite versions. I bought this one because the price wasn't bad and I happened to have the money for it.

17. MaximHateCrew

Scythes or Pink Sawtooth Custom Shop model too ?

18. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

I don't particulary like the Scythes Model, but the Pink Sawtooth is gorgeous.

19. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- New Metal Member

I'd prefer the CS models, but I haven't had bad experiences with Edwards models either. From Edwards guitars I have owned an AL-120 Sawtooth (the black one with white pinstripes), a RV-138 and a KRV.

20. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

I had the Edwards AL-120 and really disliked it to the point where I had to sell it. Does it feel the same as the ESP models? Because if it does, then I'm never getting one of those guitars again XD