This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I think @<-Warheart-> is your man, he made and applied such sticker on his RR back in the day. (afaik)

2. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

Yeah he shares the sticker in one of his vids......from the years youtube was 360p....
    sooo I cannot really take that quality to a sticker maker lol.
    I was wondering if anyone just a high res file etc

Having the measurements additionally would also be nice, then I could get the sticker made exactly somewhere.

@<-Warheart-> ?

3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I've made a quick vector file out of that shitty looking 50p Youtube image.

If you have Illustrator, you can finetune it by yourself.

I've put a little gaussian blurr over it, because the original sticker seem to have some shadows

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRPruQe7BMHjK8_QJVCuUXqgjbGtw?e=nD2NGJ

Incase you don't have Illustrator, you can also download that shitty looking sticker as a jpg

Wild_Child_Sticksser.jpg

#3063 <Arcane>, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    MaximHateCrew and rj rl like this.
  4. Arystar

You're the best!
    thx!

5. Arystar

I am starting to figure why Mitch went for the cheapo option on applying.

Having a hard time finding someone to print that as a sticker with H:3,55cm and length: 11,71cm

if anyone knows a good place, let me know :)

6. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I’ve uploaded a better one in the pics thread!

and you can look for an online print service. Shouldn’t be too expensive

7. MattK

MattK Member

Do you guys here have much of an opinion on Ltd vs Edwards? One silver lining is hopefully ESP will remake some of the old discontinued alexi models and I’ll definitely buy one.

Here is an old alx I had. I really can’t remember if it was Ltd or esp. (probably Ltd?). Anyways the damage was in shipping before I received the guitar because the it was loose in a box with foam peanuts

Attached Files:

8. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Edwards owners will tell you that Edwards is better than LTD. However, there isn't a subjective reason here, other than the similarity to the originals.

LTD and Edwards are both great guitars. The only difference is the shape. The LTDs have the longer lower wing, a partially different finish, partially different inlays (greeny), and depending on how they were made, probably a different FR system. Otherwise, the materials are the same.

LTDs are completely manufactured and assembled in Korea. Edwards are made in China and assembled in Japan.
    If I had to choose, I would go for an Edwards because of the look. However, in terms of quality alone, there is no difference between the two.

Works0fheart, MattK and Sany like this.
  9. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

I'm thinking about making an offer on this, can anyone comment on the quality of 2008 era jackson? I've been looking for a good example rr24 in this colour for quite a while. This ad has been up for a while though without selling, is he asking way too much? I'm in canada too so cheap shipping.

https://reverb.com/ca/p/jackson-mg-series-rr24m-rhoads-2008-2009

Thoughts?

10. NewHewkas

Looks pretty, although it's a bit expensive if I consider that I bought my BYB around 660€ in 2015, but it wasn't in "mint condition".

Also, I wouldn't buy a V right now because probably everyone tries to sell their guitars as " Alexi Laiho guitar" even though it's just an RR24M.

Tbh, I might take it since I'm eager to have a WBB M.

RR24s usually have a wide neck and idk about maple necks but the original ones are painted black which makes them "sticky", you have to get used to the feeling.
    I think the maple doesn't have this issue.

11. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

Thanks. This has been listed since before alexi's passing for this price actually. Dumb that reverb doesn't show listing dates anymore. What is the difference between an RR24M and an 80s era Jackson RR24?

Also looks like this one's neck is painted white, same issue?

12. MattK

MattK Member

I want an Edward’s but unfortunately there’s basically none left on the used market and people who are going to sell now will try to price gouge

I think ESP will release or rerelease some nice tribute models for alexi. Probably should just be patient and see what happens

13. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

I think it is safe to say ESP will rerelease yeah. I would definitely wait. Prices will come down on Edwards in time too.

14. NewHewkas

80's era are made off better materials and had better production quality in general, afaik. Many of them were still built in the US not just the CS. Also they often had tilted neck which opened easier access to the higher frets and non-recessed tremolos.

I haven't played any white-neck RR24 yet, but I think they've used the same type of paints. So, probably yes. Many says, ESP-LTD necks are better, but as I said, I've got used to it through the years so I don't think it holds back my playing ability. After a few minutes my palm usually warms up hence it becomes a bit slippery.

rabber_335i likes this.
  15. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

Welp I made an offer haha

16. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

This is way too expensive. The original M versions were sold for 800-900€ when they were released.

Works0fheart and rabber_335i like this.
  17. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

I offered 1100 cad which seems to be about what these have been selling for. He will probably decline though

18. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Oh, it was CAD. Well, then anything between 1.100 and 1.300 seems to be fair if the guitar is in good condition

rabber_335i likes this.
  19. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

Yeah I didn't think his ask was too unreasonable. You gave me instant cold feet with your first reply haha.

ESA1996 and <Arcane> like this.
  20. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

When I bought my RR24M I practically stole it for $600 in mint condition and a case, but that was 10 years ago. They rarely pop up now and if they do they are around $800-1000+ and most of them have chips on the wings

rabber_335i likes this.