This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Yeah, I think he runs a lot. He gave up drinking a while ago, at least for a period, don't know if it was permanent.
    He sure can play, he gets better every time I see him.

Works0fheart likes this.
  2. MattK

MattK Member

Saw this after a google search, can someone explain this to me lol. And has anyone tried it and does it work good? Have 3 springs in my Ltd alexi right now

Attached Files:

3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

As an Alexi fanboi, I had my springs in this arrangement for many years. You don't notice much difference from the standard position. Only the fluttering is a little tighter. Just try it out. [​IMG]

Works0fheart, srob7001 and MattK like this.
  4. BtownNinja

BtownNinja New Metal Member

I've tried a bunch of different spring setups and never noticed a difference between any. I keep all mine parallel to keep them from popping out, but otherwise 'feel' seems more related to number of springs and/or string tension (tuning/gauge) than spring position or direction. At the end of the day, the springs have to provide the same amount of tension/force regardless of all that.

MattK and srob7001 like this.
  5. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

They say it makes the pull slower and the push/release faster, but as Arcane said I've too always used this way on my Floyd so I don't have experience with other styles to compare.

MattK likes this.
  6. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

My RR24 came with 3 springs, but not like the Alexi set up. I tried the Alexi way and really didn't care for it. The tension just felt off to me. Almost too easy to flutter. Maybe I'll try it again since I am much better setting up guitars now, than I was back when I tried it like Alexi.

I use 4 springs on all my Floyd equipped guitars and find it to be much more stable when palm muting with a heavy hand and because it has more tension, it returns to position faster than with less springs.

Another thing I can't recommend enough to people.....add a big brass block to your Floyd Rose....it makes a HUGE difference in tone and sustain. All my Floyd guitars have one of those in them too. Such a huge improvement for such little money.

MattK likes this.
  7. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

I lol'd at Roope Latvia.
    Gotta try the spring setup though. Never heard about it being a thing until just now.

MattK likes this.
  8. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

jackson-rr-custom-shop-xl.jpg 146215450_3981250595218578_2316955641126802815_o.jpg

Its quite obvious.

Works0fheart and MattK like this.
  9. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Can anyone make out what they article says about the different parts of the Roope Rhoads?

MattK likes this.
  10. MattK

MattK Member

#3410 MattK, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  11. MattK

MattK Member

11,000 euros? Holy fuck lol

Attached Files:

12. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

That's because there were two versions of this Custom Shop finish, either a "decal version" or an "air-brush version". That 11K€ price tag was for the air-brush version for sure.
    Don't know the amount of work it requires to paint it air-brush like but it must a be a ton given the price!

13. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Quick question: What is the difference between an EMG HZ pickup and a normal EMG pickup?
    I don't know where to put my money right now and wanted to try the HZ-FH2, but it's either totally overpriced or not available. EMG and THomann also only carry the normal F-H2 (without HZ). There is also the HZ H4 and the normal H4. Any ideas? Higher output?

MattK likes this.
  14. srob7001

Weird....I just looked on the EMG site and they are all just listed as H2 or H4, no HZ in front of them.

EMG calls it a H2, but if you change the cover color to Black, it shows EMG HZ on the logo, so assuming they are the same. E-mail EMG and ask, they have always responded pretty quick to me with any questions.

https://www.emgpickups.com/guitar/humbucking/h2.html

I wonder if they just dropped the whole HZ thing for marketing purposes?

MattK likes this.
  15. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

I imagine that since HZ weren't well received they just dropped the HZ designation.

MattK likes this.
  16. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Called them and they said its just some aesthetic thing. Its the same pickup but it looks clearer without the hz

srob7001 and Zman like this.
  17. srob7001

So, anyone with a J-50BC, maybe you can help me out.

I finally found one and it comes with the cover, but I have read some threads talking about it not fitting into the guitar.

Anyone have this issue? If so, is it only an issue if the cover has raised lettering, or is it an issue with the raised lettering cover and the non raised logo covers? Some stuff I am reading makes it seem they are different sizes, but I have no idea.

Wanting to put it in my RR24, but wondering if I am going to have to do it without the cover, or modify the guitar to make it fit with the pickup cover.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

18. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- Member

I had one in a RR24M a few years ago. The guitar tech who installed it and a JE-1000 clone said the pickup doesn't fit in the stock pickup ring with the cover on. It seems that Jackson had their own pickup rings for their old pickups, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Works0fheart likes this.
  19. SIND

SIND Member

-AnzzA- was pretty much spot on. The older Jackson pickup covers with the raised logo are oversized compared to normal pickup covers used today. Every guitar I've ever put an old Jackson pickup in needs the cavity routed a bit to fit the oversize pickup. You could absolutely remove the pickup cover and it will fit inside of any traditional humbucker cavity. I've read once or twice that the non-raised logo covers were a smaller size, but I can't 100% confirm that. If you need a pickup ring that will fit the oversized Jackson covers, check out fretsonthenet.com. The owner, Dave, makes tons of hard to find replacement parts for older guitars.

20. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

The same problem with me. My J 50 didn't fit into the frame and I had to remove the cover, I think.
    One of you had bought my J-50 BC at the time (I can't remember who it was). Was it with or without the cover? I don't remember.